Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a female hormone produced by the placenta after implantation of the egg, which is why it can be detected in a few pregnancy tests. In addition, it can be extracted from the urine of pregnant women or produced from cultures of genetically modified cells using recombinant DNA technology. HCG levels can be detected through blood tests performed after a specific time interval that offer useful insights pertaining to the pregnancy such as potential miscarriage and diagnosis of an abnormal pregnancy among many others. The major factors that fuel the growth of the market are the rising incidence of infertility issues among men and women, along with the increasing maternity age among women. In addition, the rising preference for hormonal drug therapy supplements the market growth. However, the easy availability of the substitutes restrains the growth of the human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) market.
The report segments the market on the basis of therapeutic area, technology, end user, and region. Based on technology, the market has been divided into natural source extraction and recombinant DNA technology. Based on therapeutic area, the market has been classified into female infertility treatment, oligospermic treatment, cryptorchidism treatment, and others. Based on end user, the market is classified into research institutions, pharmaceutical, and others. Based on region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in this market are EMD Serono, Inc., Ferring B.V., Merck & Co., Inc., Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Fresenius Kabi AG, LLC, Scrippslabs, Leebio, Kamiya Biomedical Company, Sanzyme, and Cigna.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists in understanding various forms of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) available.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) Market Key Segmentation:
- Natural Source Extraction
- Recombinant DNA Technology
By Therapeutic Area
- Female Infertility Treatment
- Oligospermic Treatment
- Cryptorchidism Treatment
By End User
- Research Institutions
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA