The human growth hormone also known as somatotropin is a peptide hormone secreted by the pituitary gland that regulates cell growth, cell regeneration & repair, reproduction, and metabolism contributing to overall development of human. The growth hormone levels in the human body should be optimum for normal growth and can be regulated by factors such as exercise, sleep, stress, and lower glucose levels.
Human growth hormone also helps in controlling body composition, muscle & bone growth, body fluids, sugar & fat metabolism, and recovery from injury. It also helps boost the muscle strength & performance. However, lower or higher levels of growth hormone may affect the quality of life thereby increasing the risks of diseases such as high cholesterol levels, growth hormone deficiency, or poor bone density. Lower levels of human growth hormone increase the risk of diseases and results in fat accumulation throughout the body, whereas higher levels of the same may cause gigantism in children and acromegaly, muscle-wasting disease, and short bowel syndrome in adults. The body’s human growth hormone levels decrease with age. This, natural slowdown in the production of growth hormone in human body has triggered the interest in using synthetic growth hormone therapies across the world.
Rise in geriatric population, awareness regarding the effectiveness of the growth hormone, demand for cost efficient growth hormone therapies, increase in prevalence of the serious chronic diseases such as chronic kidney disease and growth retardation, pituitary dysfunctions within the population, and surge in compliance for growth hormone formulations are the factors that drive the growth of the global human growth hormone market. On the other hand, the unfavorable effects such as muscle pain, joint pain, and fluid retention linked with the usage of synthetic growth hormone and high cost involved in the treatments using these growth hormones hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, stringent government approvals restrain the growth and development of the market in the coming years.
Human growth hormone market can be segmented based on application, route of administration, distribution channel, and region. Based on application, the hGH market can be categorized into growth hormone deficiency, Prader-Willi syndrome, Turner syndrome, and idiopathic short stature. Based on the route of administration, the human growth hormone market is classified into intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous, and oral. Based on distribution channel, the market is divided into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, clinic, and online pharmacy. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and LAMEA.
The prominent players in the market have adopted various strategies for increasing their market share. These include expansion of their geographical presence through collaborations and partnerships and increase in investment in developing long-acting and effective products with lower adverse effects. Major players operating in the hGH market include Novo Nordisk, Merck & Co., Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Novartis AG, AnkeBio Co. Ltd, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Ipsen, and Ferring BV.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current human growth hormone market trends and forecast estimations from 2018 to 2025, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis includes analysis of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise human growth hormone market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential from 2018 to 2025 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of global market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Turner Syndrome
- Small for Gestational Age
- Idiopathic Short Stature
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA