Humanized mouse is a mouse that possesses functioning human genes, cells, tissues, and/or organs in case of biological and medical research for human therapeutics. These mouse models are used to model the human immune system in scenarios of health and pathology.
Usage of mouse models for identification of immunodeficiency disorders, cancers, and other rare diseases, increase in R&D activities carried out by pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies; continuous support & initiatives from governments & private sectors for research on mouse models; and growth in adoption of modified medicine increase the demand for personalized mouse models.
However, stringent regulations and laws formulated for ethical use of animals and costly procedures for maintenance of animal housing restrain the growth of the global humanized mouse model market. Increased production of monoclonal antibodies and improvement of healthcare in developing nations are expected to provide growth opportunities for the market.
The humanized mouse model is segmented on the basis of type, application, end user, and region. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into cell-based humanized mouse model and genetic humanized mouse model. Cell-based humanized mouse models segment is further classified into CD34, PBMC, and BLT. Applications covered in the study include immunology & infectious diseases, neuroscience, oncology, hematopoiesis, toxicology, and others.
By end user, the market is divided into contract research organizations (CROs), pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and academic & research institutes. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global humanized mouse model market include The Jackson Laboratory, Taconic Biosciences, Inc., Harbour BioMed, HuMurine Technologies, Inc., Vitalstar Biotechnology Co. Ltd., Crown Bioscience, Inc., ingenious targeting laboratory, Axenis S.A.S., TRANS GENIC, Inc., and genOway S. A.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the humanized mouse model market by type helps to understand the types of mouse that are currently being used along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
Humanized Mouse Model Market Key Segments:
- Cell-based Humanized Mouse Model
- Genetic Humanized Mouse Model
- Immunology & Infectious Diseases
- Other Applications
By End User
- Contract Research Organizations (CROs)
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa