Humectants are a collection of hygroscopic ingredients, which are used to keep things soggy. They are vital ingredients of hair care and skincare products, as they recollect moisture. Humectants transmit and recollect moisture from air by absorption or drawing water vapor below into the organisms or the objects surface. They comprise of numerous hydrophilic groups, including hydroxyl, amines, and carboxyl groups. In addition, they contain proteins, acids, polysaccharides, alcohols, and other small molecules, including urea, aloe vera, glycerine, and sorbitol.
The global humectants market has witnessed significant growth due to upsurge in demand from end-use industries. In addition, growth in consumption of bakery and confectionery products, which is an essential segment of food & beverages industry, drives the growth of the humectants market. Moreover, development of the biodiesel industry provides opportunities for the growth of the market. However, stringent regulations in the food & beverages industry and international quality standards for humectants restrain the market growth. The Humectants market has tremendous growth opportunity owing to the increase in demand for natural ingredients due to growth in consumer awareness.
The global humectants market is segmented based on type, application, source, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is categorized into sugar alcohol, glycerol, alpha hydroxy acid & polysaccharides, glycols. Food & beverages, oral & personal care, pharmaceuticals, and animal feed are the applications of humectants. By source, the market is bifurcated into synthetic and natural. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market are focusing on key market strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships.
Some Of The Key Players In The Global Market Include:
- BASF SE
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- E. I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Roquette Frres
- Ingredion Incorporated
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Brenntag AG
- Ashland Global Holdings Inc.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the market scenario across geographies.
Humectants Market Key Segments:
- Sugar Alcohol
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid & Polysaccharides
- Food & Beverages
- Oral & Personal Care
- Animal Feed
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA