A relay is a special category of electrically operated switch that consists of a set of input terminals and a set of operating contact terminals. This switch can control an electrical circuit by opening and closing contacts in another circuit. A heating, ventilation, and air conditioning relay (HVAC relay) is used to control and regulate the operations of an HVAC system by manipulating a high powered circuit with the help of a low power signal. The relays work by applying voltage to the relay coil that stops a relay based on the arrangement, which then again goes back to the original form, i.e., closes or opens the main circuit. It is used to control the machines related to air conditioning, heating, and the ventilation systems including the compressor and blower motor by turning them on and off when required during the operations and thereby saving more energy.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 has affected every sector of businesses and the HVAC relay market is no exception.
- The outbreak of the global pandemic has severely affected the construction industry as most of the construction activities across the globe were completely halted due to lack of workforce. As a result, the demand for HVAC relay in the construction industry decreased significantly, thereby affecting the market.
- The economic slowdown caused by the pandemic resulted in a significant fall in demand for automobiles in the market. As there are major applications of HVAC relays in the automobile sector, the decreasing demand has severely affected the global HVAC relay market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends , drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in application of HVAC relays in the automobile sector has played an important role in the growth of the global HVAC relay market. It is used to regulate the temperature and the climatic conditions inside the vehicle and maximize the efficiency of the battery. In addition, surge in demand for passenger vehicles across the globe is resulting in the growth of the HVAC relay market. In addition, HVAC relays have a wide range of applications in the construction industry in both residential and commercial buildings. Smart HVAC systems are being developed to increase the energy efficiency of the buildings, thereby saving significant amount of money. The concept of “green building” is gaining popularity across the globe where there is an intent to manage energy more efficient and minimize any loss or wastage of energy. However, high installation and operating cost of an advanced HVAC relay system might restrain the growth of the market. In addition, the rapid development of modern technologies such as hybrid relay and increase in applications in the residential segment of the construction industry as well as in the personal and commercial vehicle sectors are expected to boost the market in near future.
In terms of market share, Asia-Pacific region is dominating the global HVAC relay market owing rapid urbanization and technological developments in the developing nations such as India and China. The market in the North America is expected to grow at a significant pace, owing to high demand for energy-efficient residence as well as commercial buildings. Moreover, a high demand in personal vehicles in the region results in the growth in demand for HVAC relay in the regional market.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global HVAC relay industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global HVAC relay market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global HVAC relay market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
HVAC Relay Market Report Highlights
By End-use Industry
Key Market Players
General Electric, Toshiba Corporation,, Eaton Corporation, Schneider Electric, TE Connectivity Limited, Hitachi Ltd., ABB Ltd, Siemens AG, Littlefuse Inc, Rockwell Automation, Inc., Control & Switchgear Electric Limited, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation