Hybrid Devices Market Overview
Global Hybrid Devices Market is expected to reach $30.92 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 25.6% during the forecast period 2016 - 2022. Earlier, desktops and laptops were given utmost importance owing to the presentation of information and other generic features such as accuracy, efficiency, and productivity. However, technological developments in functionalities and mobility of computers have led to the end users switching from traditional to hybrid devices. In 2013, several Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) introduced 2-in-1 devices, also known as hybrids, swivels, or laplets that could be used both as a personal computer (PC) and a tablet. Hybrid devices are preferred over other devices majorly due to their functionalities such as lightweight nature and ease of use. Laptop tablet, hybrid models are creating greater opportunities for the industry globally.
The global hybrid devices market is segmented on the basis of type, screen size, end user, and geography. Based on type, the market is sub-segmented into convertible devices and detachable devices. In convertible hybrid devices, the keyboard can be rotated, slid, or folded behind or within a chassis. Detachable hybrid devices are those with detachable keyboards that function as lightweight tablet devices.
Based on screen size, the market is divided into three categories: less than 12 inches, 12‐15 inches, and greater than 15 inches. Further, the market is segmented based on end users which are sub segmented into personal use, IT & Telecom, and others (retail, healthcare, educational institutions, and government). Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market are ASUSTeK Computer Inc., Lenovo, HP Development Company, L.P., Microsoft, Dell Inc., Toshiba Corporation, Samsung Corporation, Acer Inc., Fujitsu Ltd, and LG Corporation.
HYBRID DEVICES MARKET KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This study presents an analysis of the global hybrid devices market with current and future trends and market share to determine the investment pockets in the market.
- The report determines the overall attractiveness and profitable trends of the market.
- The report throws light on information regarding key drivers, restraints, and opportunities with impact analysis.
- The report quantitatively analyzes current market and presents a forecast for the years 2014‐2022, which highlights the financial appetency of the market.
- Porter’s five forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis in the report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
HYBRID DEVICES MARKET KEY SEGMENTATION
The market is segmented on the basis of type, screen size, end user and geography as follows:
- Convertible hybrid devices
- Detachable hybrid devices
BY SCREEN SIZE
- Less than 12 inches
- 12 inches to 15 inches
- Greater than 15 inches
BY END USER
- Personal use
- IT & Telecom
- Others (Retail, Healthcare, Educational Institutions and Government)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East
- ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
- HP Development Company, L.P.
- Dell Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Samsung Corporation
- Acer Inc.
- Fujitsu Ltd
- LG Corporation