Hybrid Fabrics Market Outlook - 2027
The global hybrid fabrics market size was valued at $213.4 million in 2019, and is projected to reach $418.0 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2020 to 2027.
Hybrid fabrics are formed combining different types of fibers. This kind of fabrics are used for various applications, including automotive, aerospace, military, marine, and other industrial applications. Hybrid fabrics can reduce the overall weight of the product and is stronger than metallic parts and other fabrics.
Rise in inclination toward hybrid fabrics due to stringent government regulations regarding the use of synthetic fabrics will positively impact the market growth. Government across different countries are encouraging the application of natural fiber; thus, enhancing the production of various hybrid fabrics. Moreover, ability of hybrid fabrics to reduce overall weight and increase tensile strength, stiffness of various structures, including turbine blades, vehicles will further boost the hybrid fabrics market growth. Application of lightweight fabrics in vehicle and aircraft can improve the fuel efficiency and the demand for increased speeds can be achieved for recreational power and sailboats. For instance, carbon glass hybrid fabrics consisting of carbon fiber provides excellent tensile strength, stiffness, and it also reduces the density of the hybrid fabrics. Furthermore, the presence of glass fiber in such hybrid fabrics reduces the overall cost of the material. However, high cost of carbon/aramid and availability of low-cost alternatives, such as carbon/glass and glass/ aramid can negatively impact the market growth.
The hybrid fabrics market is segmented on the basis of fiber type, application, and region. On the basis of fiber type, it is divided into glass/carbon, carbon/Uhmwpe, glass/aramid, carbon/aramid, and others. Based on application, it is categorized into automotive, aerospace & defense, wind energy, sports & recreational equipment, and others. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA, with country level analysis of each region.
Major players have adopted product launch to sustain the intense market competition. The key players profiled in the report include DSM, Solvay SA, SGL Group, Kordcarbon, a.s., Gurit Holding AG, Isomatex, Textum inc., and BGF Industries, Inc.
Asia-Pacific exhibits CAGR of 11.6% during 2020-2027
Global Hybrid Fabrics Market, By Region
Europe accounted for significant hybrid fabrics market share, owing to large presence of global players, such as DSM, Solvay SA, SGL Group, Gurit Holding AG, and Kordcarbon AS. In addition, surge in application for lightweight hybrid fabrics in automotive and aerospace industries will foster the market demand in Europe. Asia-Pacific is expected to witness steady growth, owing to shifting trend toward lightweight fabrics for automotive with high compressive and tensile strength.
By Fiber Type
Others Hybrid Fabrics is projected as the most lucrative segment
Global Hybrid Fabrics Market, By Fiber Type
Glass/carbon hybrid fabrics accounted for highest revenue share. This is attributed to low cost of the hybrid fabrics. The presence of glass fiber in such hybrid fabrics reduces the overall cost of the material. Carbon/aramid hybrid fabrics accounted for significant market growth, owing to high tensile strength and stiffness of carbon and high impact resistance of aramid. The carbon aramid fabrics can replace brittle carbon fiber in aerospace applications due to its high toughness property.
Automotive is projected as the most lucrative segment
Global Hybrid Fabrics Market, By Application
The aerospace & defense sector is expected to witness strong growth in the market, owing to increase in investment from government in the aerospace & defense sector. Governments in the U.S., China, and India are largely spending on modernization of military and commercial aircrafts; thus, boosting the market growth for hybrid fabrics. The automotive segment is expected to witness highest growth, owing to growing prominence of lightweight vehicles for commercial and military sector. Lightweight is getting prominence due to its less energy consumption from the vehicles. In addition, new imperative to tackle the global warming issues have increased the demand for such hybrid fabrics to reduce emissions from vehicles.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The global hybrid fabrics market has been severely impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19 across the globe.
- This is attributed to stringent regulations imposed to maintain social distancing and extended lockdown. Manufacturers are unable to operate at full strength, which has led to decrease in production capacity.
- In many nations, the fabrics materials for automotive, aerospace, and turbine are imported from other countries. However, in the midst of the pandemic due to the restrictions on cross border imports, the supply chain is completely disrupted.
- Moreover, the extended lockdown lead to temporary shutdown for on-going projects in aerospace and renewable energy sector; thus, further affecting the entire supply chain for hybrid fabrics market.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- The global hybrid fabrics market analysis covers in-depth information of major industry participants.
- Porter’s five forces analysis helps to analyze the potential of buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the industry for strategy building.
- Major countries have been mapped according to their individual revenue contribution to the regional market.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the global hybrid fabrics market forecast for the period 2020–2027.
- The report outlines the current hybrid fabrics market trends and future estimations of the market from 2019 to 2027 to understand the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- The key drivers, restraints, and hybrid fabrics market opportunity and their detailed impact analysis is elucidated in the study.
Hybrid Fabrics Market Report Highlights
By Fiber Type
Key Market Players
Composite Fabrics of America, TEXTUM INC., Arrow Technical Textiles Private Limited, Gurit Holding AG, Solvay SA, BGF Industries, Inc, DSM, SGL Group, Kordcarbon, a.s., ISOMATEX
Hybrid fabrics combines multiple fibers together to provide enhanced strength and reduced weight. The ratio of the fiber constituents used in hybrid fabrics are decided according to specific application, including automotive, aerospace, and wind turbine. Growth in application of hybrid fabrics, owing to better performance than conventional metallic parts and fabrics.
The use of hybrid fabrics material is on an increase while encouraging new policies for automotive and wind energy sector. Government policies on zero emission is expected to augment the growth for hybrid fabrics in lightweight vehicles. In addition, changes in power systems from conventional to renewable power, including wind power will further enhance the demand for hybrid fabrics. However, high production cost for some hybrid fabrics, such as carbon aramid and availability of low cost alternatives, such as carbon and glass composites may negatively impact the market growth.