Hybrid Fiber Coaxial Market Outlook - 2027
Hybrid fiber coaxial is defined as a broadband telecommunication medium that combines optical fiber and coaxial cable into a unified path. These cables transmit video, audio, Internet data, Cable TV, and other digital interactive solution to various organization. Hybrid fiber coaxial is mainly used by cable TV operators worldwide where services on this system are carried on RF signal within 5MHz to 1000mHz frequency band.
Cable TV, IT and telecommunication companies among others are upgrading facilities to Hybrid Fiber Coaxial cables as it allows huge data to be carried than coaxial cables alone. The feature of having much higher bandwidth supports bi-directional flow of interactive signals from the end user. This network also provides high performance at low cost as it can be designed to match asymmetrical bandwidth needs of broadband systems.
The factors such as energy-efficiency, reliable network with non-existent attenuation and low maintenance cost due to fewer amplifiers required enhances the product standard and quality in the market. Advanced innovation in this field escalates use of advanced optical transmitter, receiver, network switches globally. Modernization of techniques will show considerable hybrid fiber coaxial market growth in coming years.
COVID Scenario Analysis
- COVID-19 outbreak in Wuhan, logistic hub of China, and worldwide has led to shutdowns and transportation restrictions to contain the spread of the virus. Wuhan alone accounts for 20% of China’s perform capacity in the hybrid coaxial fiber industry and the ongoing disruption is causing apparent changes to domestic and overall global supply. Assessment of the likely impact of the virus on the global hybrid coaxial fiber network industry is highly speculative now.
- Companies have suspended major operations, and production sites continue to produce as minimum disruption as possible. Organizations have adopted to work from home and communicate through mails and telephone to keep businesses running. Hybrid fiber coaxial network plays a significant role in this communication system to transmit huge Internet data over long distances at a very fast rate as it possesses high bandwidth capabilities ranging from 330MHz to 750MHz and can also be upgraded to 1GHz in the future.
- Most employees worldwide are working indoors and few face problems to access 4G data services, owing to lack of coverage indoors. Thus, to cater to these issues, companies such as ExcelRedStone offer neutral host infrastructure services that comprise a single, shared network solution. This network is typically hybrid coaxial fiber-fed and designed to provide premium wireless services in various environments during peak user demand.
- In April 2020, Cisco reported 22-fold increase in traffic in WebEx video conferencing service after shutdown in China. Microsoft announced 7 times increase of cloud services, owing to enforcement of worldwide social distancing measures, while employees work remotely, migrating more workload to cloud. These services support end users struggling with collaboration to minimize service disruptions.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers And Impact Analysis
Rise in demand for internet connectivity with higher bandwidth, cost-effectiveness compared to other technologies and IoT, and increase in global foothold of cloud technology are some of the major factors that drive the growth of the hybrid fiber coaxial market growth. Demand for high bandwidth eliminates the limitation of copper cable architecture like latency and data transfer at high bandwidth. However, factors such as continuous monitoring of cables, troubleshooting, maintenance issues after deployment, lack of skilled workforce, changing consumer behavior, and new technologies developed by competitors act as obstacles that hamper the market growth. Moreover, demand for video-focused data and deployment of high-speed cable technology is expected to boost the quality of services and present new pathways in the hybrid fiber coaxial industry.
New product launches to flourish the market
Key market players are taking necessary actions to improve the overall precision and performance of hybrid fiber coaxial network. Successful product innovation is in ongoing process by the companies to assist the demand for 5G connection and advancement in digital infrastructure.
In March 2019, Commscope Inc., an American global network infrastructure provider company introduced its first FISTTM Modular Slice Closure, which assists network operators to build fiber foundation for future advanced networks. This modular build fulfills the need to keep pace with subscriber demand and allows configuration on-site reducing need of site inspection. It can be easily installed and provides high level of capacity.
Surge in use in automotive and industrial applications
Automobile manufacturers are nowadays increasingly developing autonomous and smart vehicles with integrated infotainment system to provide an enhanced in-vehicle experience. Integration of hybrid fiber coaxial cables enable manufacturers to reduce wireless connectivity issues by 80% and cabling weight by 30% as it uses lighter, low cost, and more effective wires offering high speed transmission.
In May 2020, Altair, a global technology company, acquired WRAP software that focusses on a wide range of application such as radio planning, interference, coverage calculation, and wireless propagation modelling.
Key benefits of the stakeholders:
- The study gives an analytical overview of hybrid fiber coaxial market with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report analyzes information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed hybrid fiber coaxial market analysis.
- The current hybrid fiber coaxial market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
Questions answered in the Hybrid Fiber Coaxial Market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the hybrid fiber coaxial market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
Hybrid Fiber Coaxial Market Report Highlights
By Component Type
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Technicolor, Nokia, Skywork Solution Inc, Arris, Cisco Systems Inc., Others, Commscope, Ciena Corporation, Corning Inc., Vodafone, Huawei