Hybrid Storage Market Outlook – 2027
Hybrid storage is the merger of RAM, solid state drives, and traditional hard drives, which help to deliver better performance from storage arrays while keeping costs down. Hybrid storage is also defined as a storage system designed with a mix of flash-based solid-state disk drives and mechanical disk drives in an attempt to provide performance at an affordable price.
Hybrid storage systems are primarily designed for dedicated, high-bandwidth applications such as disk-based backup, video surveillance, and data analytics that require fast, easy, and reliable storage area network (SAN) applications. In addition, hybrid storage environments reduce storage footprint, provide better storage utilization, increase performance, store value-based data, and dramatically streamline storage management.
The global hybrid storage market is segmented on the basis of type, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the hybrid storage market is bifurcated into Type I and Type II. In terms of application, the market is categorized into enterprise and personal. On the basis of industry vertical, the market is divided into BFSI, IT & telecommunication, retail, government, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, education, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in adoption of cost-effective solutions and a simple choice for upgrading are important factors expected to drive growth of the hybrid storage market. In addition, high adoption by datacenters of all-flash storage solutions is also boost the market globally, due to hybrid storage systems minimize the overall power and cooling costs of the datacenter. The demand for data center facilities to store data will continue to grow with the immense volume of data generated by organizations.
In addition, the use hybrid storage systems, companies may reduce updates and extra costs for servers, storage subsystems, flash drivers, and solid-state drivers, or attached storage networks. However, infrastructure reliance and confusion about lack of data security and privacy are hinder the growth market.
- North America is expected to see substantial growth of the hybrid storage market. This is largely due to the existence of numerous hybrid flash storage providers and the high adoption of hybrid flash storage by numerous large enterprises in the area.
- A hybrid storage environment provides real-world operational and business benefits which in turn attract customers around the world to adopt hybrid storage solutions. This is also a significant factor that is projected to be a primary driver for market growth.
- Rapid growth and rising need for high-storage devices are creating potential growth opportunities for this market. Consequently, demand for public cloud resources as well as rapid developments in enterprise storage systems are among factors that are responsible for the high demand for hybrid flash storage.
Implementations of developments in 3D NAND chips and subsequent design of NAND chips coupled with flash-based solid-state disks are among the major factors that drive the growth of the hybrid flash storage industry. By providing next-generation storage solutions, hybrid flash storage becomes increasingly integral for helping data center operators as well as storage vendors. In addition, the production of large volumes of enterprise data and continuous progress in storage technology are driving development in the market for hybrid flash storage.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global hybrid storage market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global hybrid storage market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global hybrid storage market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global hybrid storage market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Global market has been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. New projects throughout the world have stalled, which, in turn, have led to decline in demand for analog semiconductors.
- Global factories have struggled to integrate new hybrid storages as workers have stayed in their homes, which disrupted the global supply chains.
- The impact of COVID-19 on this market is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains, and demand for hybrid storage are gradually going to increase.
- This COVID-19 lockdown would help companies think about more advanced hybrid storage to enhance efficiency.
Questions Answered in the Hybrid Storage Market Research Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the hybrid storage market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the hybrid storage market size?
- How current hybrid storage market trends would influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Hybrid Storage Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
International Business Machines Corporation, Tegile, Tintri, HP Enterprise, NetApp Inc., Dell Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, EMC Corporation, Fujitsu, Hitachi Vantara Corporation