Hydrocephalus or water on the brain is a condition that occurs when fluid builds up in the brain and leads to disturbance of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) formation, flow, or absorption. This condition is also termed as hydrodynamic CSF disorder. Hydrocephalus shunt is used to treat this disease, as the device relieves pressure on the brain caused by fluid accumulation.
The growth of the global hydrocephalus shunts market is driven by factors such as rise in the prevalence of brain & neurological disorders, increase in geriatric population, and rise in demand for minimally invasive surgeries.
However, issues regarding the infections caused by the use of hydrocephalus shunts and sometimes over drainage of cerebrospinal fluid restrain the market growth. Increased funding by government and private organizations across emerging economies for treatment of neurological disorders is expected to provide growth opportunities for the market growth.
The hydrocephalus shunt market is segmented on the basis of type, age group, and region. Based on type, the market is categorized into ventriculoperitoneal, ventriculoatrial, ventriculopleural, and lumboperitoneal shunts. By age group, it is classified into infants, toddlers, children, and adults. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players operating in the market include Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic plc, Christoph Miethke GmbH & Co. KG, Sophysa, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Tokibo Co., Ltd., and Spiegelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which explains the competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis by type helps to understand the types of shunts used and the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the future.
Hydrocephalus Shunts Market Key Segments:
By Age Group
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA