Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic, a water pill, which prevents body from absorbing too much salt and causing fluid retention. It lowers blood pressure by reducing the amount of water in the body by boosting urine flow. Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat edema. Edema (extra fluid stored in body tissues) can be caused by a variety of medical conditions, including heart, kidney, and liver disease. High blood pressure is treated with hydrochlorothiazide alone or in combination with other drugs. The workload on the heart and arteries is increased by high blood pressure. It is possible that the heart and arteries may not work properly if it lasts for a long time. This can cause damage to the blood vessels of the brain, heart, and kidney, leading to stroke, heart failure, and kidney failure. Low blood pressure can help reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack. Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat diabetes insipidus and to prevent kidney stones in those who have high calcium levels in their blood.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the global hydrochlorothiazide market.
Top Impacting Factors
Increase in number of patients suffering from hypertension across the world to boosts the market hydrochlorothiazide growth.
Increase in the geriatric population and rise in number of FDA approval drugs are some factors that boost the market growth of the hydrochlorothiazide market. Increase in awareness for the treatment of heart diseases can fuels the market growth.
In addition, increase in healthcare expenditure, rise in research & development activities conducted by many pharmaceutical companies, launches of novel developed drug in market are some factors that propel the market growth.
However, side effects associated with hydrochlorothiazide are expected to hamper the growth of hydrochlorothiazide market.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
- In August 2020, Schein launched hydrochlorothiazide/triamterene, Bolar Pharmaceutical manufacture the drug and Schein distribute the first generic version of hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg/triamterene. Bolar Pharmaceutical cleared the generic through Food and Drug Administration via an ANDA (abbreviated new drug application) for the diuretic/antihypertensive.
- In 2018, Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (BPL) launched Telma Plus. Telma Plus containing 2 drugs composed of hydrochlorothiazide and telmisartan. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic and telmisartan is an orally active angiotensin II antagonist.
Surge in Usage of Hydrochlorothiazide
- Increasing prevalence of hypertension, which leads to rise in heart attack and stroke cases across the world, thus boosting the usage of hydrochlorothiazide. As per the latest information shared by WHO, it is estimated that 1.13 billion people are suffering from hypertension across the globe and the prevalence is expected to increase to 29% by 2025, driven largely by increases in economically developing nations. Growing prevalence of coronary artery disease across the globe also boost the usage of hydrochlorothiazide. According to the latest published journal by Lancet, 18% of individuals are suffering from coronary artery diseases across the globe.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the hydrochlorothiazide market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Hydrochlorothiazide Market Report
- Which are the leading market players active in the hydrochlorothiazide market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is hydrochlorothiazide market?
- What is hydrochlorothiazide market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the hydrochlorothiazide market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the hydrochlorothiazide market report?
Hydrochlorothiazide Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Teva, Alembic Pharmaceuticals, Lupin, MACLEODS, APOTEX, Cisen Pharmaceutical, Novartis, Mylan, Aurobindo Pharma, Torrent Pharmaceuticals, Par Pharmaceutical, Beijing Second Pharmaceutical, Chongqing Conquer Pharmaceutical, Zhejiang Huahai Pharmaceutical, Huaren Pharmaceutical