Hydrogen is clean, versatile and efficient zero emission carrier of energy found abundantly on earth though it is not present in its molecular form. The primary raw material used for hydrogen generation is water which makes the production process environment compatible. It can be produced as a principal product or by product from different feedstocks. Hydrogen is completely renewable fuel which can be efficiently manufactured and transformed into electricity to satisfy the energy needs. Hydrogen storage can be done in different forms like gaseous, liquid and metal hydrides. Hydrogen can transform into other energy forms through catalytic combustion, hydriding and chemical conversions. The emergence of hydrogen generation market addressed desulfurization problems in transportation fuels. Properties like lightweight, high efficiency, easy transportation through pipelines and low boiling point makes hydrogen ideal for industrial use. Hydrogen is used in transportation fuels and is described as fuel of the future as it produces pollution free combustion products.
Stringent regulations connected with desulphurization of petroleum products, growth & development in transportation fuels sector, decrease in quality of crudes and increasing demand for cleaner fuels are the primary factors driving the hydrogen generation market. In addition, the increasing demand of distillate fuels and growth & development of hydrogen fuel cell would directly affect the hydrogen generation market as both will require high consumption of hydrogen. Decreasing crude quality has led to increase in hydrogen requirement for its processing purposes and also decreased the generation of hydrogen from crude oil. Hydrogen being a flammable fuel require high safety while transportation and absence of appropriate transportation networks has led to increase in transportation costs which can be accounted as the major restrain for hydrogen generation market. Asia-Pacific region accounts for the major share in hydrogen generation market due to high hydrogen demand in petroleum refineries & ammonia manufacturing plants.
The report segments the hydrogen generation market on the basis of production, generation & delivery mode, end-user and geography. On the basis of production, the market is segmented into steam reforming of hydrocarbons, fossil fuels, electrolysis, dissociation of hydrocarbons and others. Based on generation & delivery type, the market is divided into merchant production, liquid production, gaseous production, captive production and by-product production. According to the end-users, the market is classified into petroleum refining & recovery, chemical processing, automotive fuels, ammonia production, methanol production and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Further advancements like manufacturing of hydrogen from acquaintances of fools gold in 2016 are helping to expand the production capacities of market. Air Products & Chemicals Inc. and Nippon Steel & Sumikin Pipeline & Engineering Co. Ltd. (NCPE) jointly launched hydrogen fuelling station (Japan) to meet the demand of hydrogen fueling for vehicles in 2016. There is robust growth registered in production of ammonia & methanol. The hydrogen generation market size will further boost due to projects related to processing of oil sands, gas to liquids and gasification of coal which will consume significant amount of hydrogen.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Air Products & Chemicals Inc. (U.S.), Airgas Inc. (U.S.), Air Liquide SA (France), Alumifuel Power Corporation (U.S.), Caloric Anlagenbau GmbH (Germany), Hydrogenics Corp. (Canada), Iwatani Corporation (Japan), Linde AG (Germany), Nuvera Fuel Cells, LLC (U.S.) and Praxair Inc. (U.S.) is also provided in the report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the world hydrogen generation market.
- Geographically, the hydrogen generation market is analysed based on various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the hydrogen generation market is provided. For instance, stringent regulations, growth in fuels for transportation purposes and decreased quality of crude oil will drive this market.
- Leading players within the hydrogen generation market are profiled in this report and their key developments in recent years are listed down.
HYDROGEN GENERATION MARKET KEY SEGMENTS:
- Steam reforming of hydrocarbons
- Fossil Fuels
- Polymer electrolyte membrane (PEM)
- High Temperature
- Dissociation of hydrocarbons
- Others ( Photolysis, Bio photolysis)
By Generation & Delivery Mode
- Merchant Production
- Liquid Production
- Gaseous Production
- Captive Production
- By-product Production
- Petroleum Refining & Recovery
- Chemical Processing
- Automotive Fuels
- Ammonia Production
- Methanol Production
- Others (Aerospace, Electrical & Electronics, Edible fats & oils)
- North America
- South America