Hydroxypropyl acrylate is a white liquid with a faint odor of acrylic. It is soluble in water and the vast majority of organic solvents. Hydroxypropyl acrylate is commonly composed of 350 to 650 ppm (parts per million) of hydroquinone monomethyl ether. Under suggested storage circumstances, this monomethyl ether of hydroquinone is added as a blocker to help prevent polymerization. Hydroxypropyl acrylate is often found at purity levels of 97.0 percent or higher. It may also contain up to 1% leftover acrylic acid and up to 3% additional comparable esters of acrylic acid. Unusual hydroxypropyl acrylate materials possess typically 75% -80% 2-hydroxypropyl acrylate and 20% -25% 1-methyl-2-hydroxyethyl acrylate. The interaction between propylene oxide with acrylic acid produces hydroxypropyl acrylate. Two isomers of hydroxypropyl acrylate are produced in this process. After a polyacrylate is created with the double bond in both these isomers, the pendant –OH group is available for subsequent reactions. Hydroxypropyl acrylate is used in many applications such as adhesives, paints, coatings, rubber, resins, and others.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The hydroxypropyl acrylate market was negatively affected due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
- The industries such as adhesives, paints, coatings, rubber, resins, and others were shut down during the COVID-19 this decreases the demand for hydroxypropyl acrylate.
- The COVID-19 has caused the imposition of lockdown due to which the production of hydroxypropyl acrylate decreased and the global supply chain was affected, this decreased the demand for hydroxypropyl acrylate market.
- The hydroxypropyl acrylate market faced a downfall of revenue due to COVID-19.
Top Impacting Factors
Hydroxypropyl acrylate is mostly employed in the production of cross-linkable polymer coatings and adhesives. It is mostly generated and used in closed systems. Its primary application is as a co-monomer in the production of polymers or as a chemical reactant in the production of chemical intermediates. Hydroxypropyl acrylate is often utilized to make pressure-sensitive adhesives, emulsion polymers, heat-curable automotive clear coats, ion exchange resins, radiation-curable coating resins, and other products. The increased demand for automobiles in various regions is pushing the demand for hydroxypropyl acrylate. Therefore, serious health concerns with hydroxypropyl acrylate may restrict its demand.
Excessive hydroxypropyl acrylate exposure can cause serious eye and skin irritation. Injuries caused by hydroxypropyl acrylate may take a long time to heal. However, because it is utilized as a co-monomer in polymers, consumer online exposure to hydroxypropyl acrylate is low. The increased use of automobiles and expansion of the automotive industry in recent years has increased demand for hydroxypropyl acrylate. Architectural coatings are expected to account for a sizable portion of the hydroxypropyl acrylate industry.
- The Asia-Pacific accounted for a sizable portion of the hydroxypropyl acrylate market. During the predicted period, it is expected to maintain its market dominance. Asia is a major producer and user of automobiles. During the projected period, the automotive industry is expected to expand, boosting demand for hydroxypropyl acrylate. The Asia-Pacific hydroxypropyl acrylate market is predicted to grow.
- The hydroxypropyl acrylate market in North America and Europe is developed and expected to grow at a moderate rate.
- Other regions, such as Latin America and the Middle East, and Africa, are likely to increase at a slower pace in the coming years.
- Market players are adopting many strategies such as R&D activities, acquisitions, mergers, new product launches, contracts, agreements, and partnerships to expand their business.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the hydroxypropyl acrylate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the hydroxypropyl acrylate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the hydroxypropyl acrylate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed hydroxypropyl acrylate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Hydroxypropyl Acrylate Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the hydroxypropyl acrylate market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Hydroxypropyl Acrylate Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Jiangsu Jurong Chemical, BASF, Hickory Company, Wuxi Kalider Industrial,, Dow, Jiangsu Sanyi Technology, Zibo Xinglu Chemical