Hydroxytryptamine receptors are a group of G-protein coupled receptors and ligand gated ion channels, which are found in the peripheral and central nervous system. These receptors influence various biological and neurological processes such as aggression, anxiety, learning, mood, nausea, sleep, and cognition.
Due to the unique properties, hydroxytryptamine receptors are used in a variety of drugs such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, antimigraine agents, hallucinogens, and entactogens. This factor drives the growth of the market. However, prolonged use of 5-HT receptor drugs may cause mental disorders with complex etiologies, which impede the market.
The global hydroxytryptamine receptors market is segmented based on product type, applications, and geography. Based on product type, the market is classified into HTR6, HTR2B, and others. Further, based on application, it is divided into attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, psychiatric disorders, Alzheimers disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and memory impairment. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Adamed, Avineuro Pharmaceutical, Axovant Sciences, Biotie Therapies, Celon Pharma, Galenea Corp, H. Lundbeck, Reviva Pharmaceuticals, Suven Life Sciences, and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global hydroxytryptamine receptors market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2016 and 2023.
- This study evaluating competitive landscape and value chain is taken into account to help understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- This report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2016-2023, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities
- Comprehensive analysis of all regions are provided that determines the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Hydroxytryptamine Receptor Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Memory Impairment
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA