Hyoscine, also referred as scopolamine, is utilized as a medicine to treat motion sickness, gastrointestinal spasms, vomiting, and postoperative nausea. In addition, it is utilized sometimes before surgery to decrease saliva. Hyoscine belongs to antimuscarinic family and works by blocking some acetylcholine effects within the nervous system. Its effect begins after 20 minutes of injection and lasts up to 8 hours. The medicine can be taken by oral means or through a skin patch. Intake of this medicine is not recommended for people suffering from bowel obstruction or glaucoma.
Rise in consumer awareness towards hyoscine as an effective medicine against motion sickness is the primary factor that drive the growth of the hyoscine market. Moreover, increase in travelling, which may cause nausea, vomiting, and sickness and growth in number of surgeries supplement the market growth. However, use of transdermal hyoscine patches can cause several side effects such as blurred vision, drowsiness, and diluted pupils, which hinder the market growth. In addition, stringent regulations associated with manufacturing & marketing of hyoscine products and rise in number of cases with adverse withdrawal symptoms for transdermal hyoscine patches restrain the market growth. Increase in usage of transdermal hyoscine patches in surgeries & post-operative recovery and rise in emphasis on community healthcare in developing countries are expected to provide potential opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the hyoscine market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into hyoscine butylbromide and hyoscine hydrobromide. By application, it is categorized into oral, injections, and patches. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive Competitive Analysis And Profiles Of Major Market Players Provided In The Report Are As Follows:
- Alchem International Ltd.
- Alkaloids Corporation
- Baxter International Inc.
- Caleb Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Centroflora Cms S. R.L.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Guangzhou Hanfang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Myungmoon Pharma Co., Ltd.
- Novartis International AG
- Perrigo Company Plc
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global hyoscine market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Hyoscine Market Segments:
- Hyoscine Butylbromide
- Hyoscine Hydrobromide
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA