Hyper-converged Infrastructure Market Outlook-2026
Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) is a software-centric IT infrastructure that tightly integrates storage, compute, and network in a single system and it typically runs on standard or commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) servers. These systems are built using low-cost commodity x86 hardware and majorly is a combination of x86 servers and storage resources. In simple terms, HCI is an IT infrastructure that virtualizes all the elements of conventional hardware-defined systems that include virtualized SAN (software-defined storage), virtualized computing (a hypervisor), and virtualized networking (software-defined networking). HCI is widely used to centralize data center infrastructure.
The primary focus of HCI is on data control and management functionalities. Whereas a hyper-converged platform integrates compute, storage and networking with intelligent and automated software-defined data center (SDDC) management system and software layer. These platforms define the operational aspects of HCI infrastructure, which in turn is expected to propel the global hyper-converged infrastructure market growth.
Increase in adversity on the IT sector to provision resources instantly, growth in demand for applications that are best-suited for scale-out storage are driving the adoption of software-defined storage infrastructure. Organizations are focusing on offering advanced software products and services to boost revenue. Therefore, these organizations are inclined toward adoption of agile software development methodologies, which in turn require a high degree of flexibility from IT infrastructure that fuel the adoption of hyper-converged infrastructure during the forecast period. However, restrictions on vendor lock-in, hypervisor selection, and scaling granularity limitations are the major factors that can hinder the growth of the global hyper-converged infrastructure market. Furthermore, growing integration of hybrid cloud is expected to facilitate adoption of hyper-converged infrastructure during the forecast period.
The global hyper-converged infrastructure market is segmented based on component, enterprise size, application, industry vertical, and region. Based on component, it is bifurcated into hardware and software. Based on enterprise size, it is classified into large enterprises and small & medium enterprises (SMEs). Based on application, it is classified into data center consolidation, backup/recovery/disaster recovery, remote office branch office (ROBO), virtualizing critical applications, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), and others. Based on industry vertical, it is classified into healthcare, education, manufacturing, government & defense, media & entertainment, retail & e-commerce, it & telecommunications, banking, financial services & insurance (BFSI), and others. Based on region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This report provides the profiles of the key players in global hyper-converged infrastructure market, which include Cisco Systems, Inc., DataCore Software, Dell EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE), Hitachi Vantara, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Maxta, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Netapp, Inc., Sangfor Technologies, Inc., Scale Computing, and VMware, Inc.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global hyper-converged infrastructure market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Information about key drivers, restraints, and opportunities and their impact analysis on the global hyper-converged infrastructure market size is provided.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers operating in the global hyper-converged infrastructure industry.
- The quantitative analysis of the global hyper-converged infrastructure market from 2018 to 2026 is provided to determine the market potential.
Key Market Segments
By Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Data Center Consolidation
- Backup/Recovery/Disaster Recovery
- Remote Office Branch Office (ROBO)
- Virtualizing Critical Applications
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
By Industry Vertical
- Government & Defense
- Media & Entertainment
- Retail & E-Commerce
- IT & Telecommunications
- Banking, Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players Profiled In The Report
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- DataCore Software
- Dell EMC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (HPE)
- Hitachi Vantara
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Maxta Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Netapp Inc.
- Sangfor Technologies, Inc.
- Scale Computing
- VMware Inc.