Hyperphosphatemia is a condition which results in an elevated level of phosphate in the blood. This may occur due to excessive phosphate intake, phosphate shift from intracellular to extracellular space, and decreased phosphate excretion. High phosphate levels in blood can be avoided by use of phosphate binders and dietary constraint of phosphates.
Major factors that drive the market growth are growth in prevalence of chronic diseases and growth in geriatric population. However, stringent regulations by the drug-governing bodies such as FDA and rise in side effects of hyperphosphatemia drugs may impede the market growth. Moreover, high potential in untapped economies, such as India, China, South Africa, and Brazil, is expected to create lucrative opportunities for key players.
The global hyperphosphatemia drugs market is segmented based on product, dosage form, and region. Based on product, it is divided into calcium-based, aluminum-based, magnesium-based, and iron-based phosphate binders. Based on dosage form, it is classified into tablets, syrups, and capsules. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as Amag Pharmaceuticals, Johnson and Johnson, Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, DSM Biotech Pharmacal, Sun Pharm Inc., Zeria Pharmaceutical, Bruno Pharmaceutical Spa, Fermenta Biotech Ltd, Pfizer Inc. and Roche Diagnostics Corporation are also provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the global hyperphosphatemia drugs market.
- In-depth analysis is done by constructing market estimations for the key market segments to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Extensive analysis of all regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Hyperphosphatemia Drugs Market Report Highlights
By Dosage Form
Key Market Players
Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, DSM Biotech Pharmacal, Fermenta Biotech Ltd,, Roche Diagnostics Corporation, Zeria Pharmaceutical, Amag Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharm Inc., Johnson and Johnson, Bruno Pharmaceutical Spa, Pfizer Inc.