Hypertension is a condition where the systolic blood pressure rises over 140 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure over 90 mmHg. The precise cause of hypertension is unknown; however, factors such as smoking, obesity, stress, excess sodium, old age, sleep apnea, certain hormonal conditions, kidney diseases, sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, lack of exercise, and drugs & alcohol contribute to the incidence of hypertension.
According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), hypertension was the primary reason for death of more than 410,000 Americans in 2014. Hypertension is a long-term disease, and thus requires daily administration of antihypertensive drugs, which is anticipated to drive the hypertension drug market. In addition, R&D activities related to hypertension drugs is expected to present new opportunities during the forecast period. However, patent expiry of antihypertensive drugs, such as Benicar and Diovan, may hinder the market growth. Furthermore, stringent government regulations, adverse effects of these drugs, and high cost of healthcare leading to undiagnosed hypertension restrict the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of type and geography. Based on type, the market is divided into diuretics, beta blockers, angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, alpha-beta blockers, angiotensin II receptor blockers, aldosterone antagonists, calcium channel blockers, renin inhibitors, alpha blockers, central-acting agents, vasodilators, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global Alprazolam powder market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report presents a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Hypertension Drug Market Key Segments:
- Beta Blockers
- Angiotensin-converting Enzyme (Ace) Inhibitors
- Alpha-beta Blockers
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers
- Aldosterone Antagonists
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Renin Inhibitors
- Alpha Blockers
- Central-acting Agents
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Actelion Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Johnson &Johnson Ltd.
- Sanofi SA
- Lupin Limited
- Merck & Co.
- AstraZeneca plc.
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc