Due to factors such as rapid urbanization and globalization, human health is being adversely affected. Hypertension is a serious health condition that increases the risk of coronary heart disease and ischemic heart disease, which are the leading causes of death worldwide. For instance, almost 1.13 billion people suffer from high blood pressure. In addition, ischemic heart disease and stroke accounted for nearly 15 million deaths in 2015, globally. In addition, hypertension also leads to various other health problems such as heart failure, renal impairment, retinal hemorrhage, and visual impairment.
Change in lifestyle and elevated stress levels have increased the prevalence of hypertension globally, thereby increasing the demand for hypertension drugs. The elderly population is at a high risk of suffering from hypertension, with almost 70% of the people above 60 years suffering from high blood pressure. Hence, an increase in geriatric population will help boost the market growth during the forecast period. Moreover, improved awareness among people regarding hypertension and its available treatment options will propel the growth of the market. However, patent expiration for major drugs together with a low diagnostics rate and an increase in the number of generic drugs could hamper the market growth.
The global hypertension drugs market is segmented based on therapy type and geography. Based on therapy type, the market is categorized into calcium channel blockers, diuretics, beta blockers vasodilators, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors, alpha blockers, angiotensin receptor blockers, and renin inhibitors. Based on geography, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Lupin Limited, Novartis AG, Daiichi - Sankyo, Pfizer Inc., Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited, Sanofi S.A, AstraZeneca Plc., Johnson & Johnson Ltd., Boehringer Ingelheim, and Merck & Co. have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations which helps identify prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario globally
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market has been provided with key market dynamic factors that helps understand the behavior of the market
Hypertension Drugs Market Report Highlights
By Therapy Type
Key Market Players
Sanofi S.A,, AstraZeneca Plc.,, Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited,, Johnson & Johnson Ltd., Pfizer Inc.,, Merck & Co., Daiichi - Sankyo,, Lupin Limited,, Novartis AG,, , Boehringer Ingelheim,