Hypothermia is a medical condition, which leads to abnormal loss of body heat. This results in low body temperature, which can further exacerbate fatality. The condition occurs due to prolonged exposures to cold temperatures. Age and exhaustion are risk factors associated with hypothermia.
Hypothermia management involves warming systems, which include external rewarming and internal rewarming. These entail applying warming devices such as heating blanket. Furthermore, active rewarming involves use of irrigation of body activities with warm fluids and use of extracorporeal such as heart lung machine. Different forms of hypothermia is at times used as a potent alternative against treatment of brain injury. An example of this is deep hypothermic circulatory arrest, which involves cooling of brain to bring it to subzero temperatures for treatment of aneurysms.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Increase has been witnessed in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. The need for medical supplies has increased significantly among both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the global hypothermia management market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in the incidents of chronic diseases occurring across the globe coupled with rising awareness of hypothermia plus growing underlying demand for advanced therapeutics is anticipated to drive market growth for hypothermia management market.
- Growing number of organic collaborations happening between various market players especially in developed regions is additionally anticipated to drive market growth of hypothermia management mechanisms. This further includes different mergers and acquisitions currently at fulcrum with respect to pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Increasing prevalence of low cost treatment options available pertaining to hypothermia is anticipated to further market penetration in emerging economies with high population base such as India and China.
- Additionally, favorable reimbursement scenarios coupled with robust government support through influx of huge sums of investments in pharmaceuticals industry may further drive the market.
- However, high costs associated with design, development, and positioning of hypothermia treatment mechanisms may hamper market growth especially in regions, which lack economic power and very low purchasing power parity.
Key Market Trends
- North America is anticipated to witness huge gains with respect to hypothermia management market owing to rising prevalence of cardiovascular incidents in the region coupled with growing shift towards a quick, efficient, and accurate therapeutic mechanisms and rising disposable incomes to spend on healthcare.
- 3M has recently developed its Bair Hugger product portfolio which primarily deals with underbody and full body blankets as a restraint strategy against extreme cold temperatures.
- In January 2018, AltrixTM launched by Stryker Corporation to be used in all clinical settings for precision temperature management.
- In June 2018, MTRE Advanced Technologies Ltd. acquired by Belmont Instrument LLC. as part of inclusion of non-invasive body temperature management solutions in the company portfolio.
- In 2019, Advanced Cooling Therapy (ACT) received approval for their new device launch Esophageal Cooling Device (ECD). The deal was made as a bigger collaboration with Stryker’s Altrix Precision Temperature Management System (PTMS).
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the hypothermia management industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the hypothermia management market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the hypothermia management growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Hypothermia Management Report
- Which are the leading players active in the hypothermia management market?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period?
- What are the adoption trends for the hypothermia management market in emerging economies and established economies across the world?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What are the impacts of COVID-19 in the industry?
- What is hypothermia management?
- What is the hypothermia management market prediction in the future?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
Hypothermia Management Market Report Highlights
By Medical Specialty
Key Market Players
Inditherm Plc, Smiths Medical, Inc., Cincinnati Sub-Zero Products, LLC., Stryker Corporation, Bard Medical, Inc., Atom Medical Corporation, The 37Company, ZOLL Medical Corporation, 3M Company, Medtronic, Geratherm Medical AG