A hysteroscope is used to assess the uterus for many reasons such as heavy or abnormal bleeding, a displaced intrauterine device, severe cramping, frequent miscarriages, or problems related to conceiving. Hysteroscopes are used mainly for two purposes-operative and diagnostics. Operative hysteroscopy involves the usage of tiny instruments to remove abnormalities such as polyps and fibroids; diagnostic hysteroscopy is used to evaluate the presence of any abnormalities. Diagnostic hysteroscopes are mainly carried out in the office; operative hysteroscopes are conducted in hospitals. Hysteroscopy procedures are also very often done before and/or after other gynecological procedures such as endometrial ablation or uterine fibroid embolization. Flexible hysteroscopes are usually used for diagnostic purposes, whereas rigid hysteroscopes are used for both diagnostic and operative procedures.
The use of hysteroscopes rises among elderly people as conditions associated with the usage of hysteroscopes such as fertility examinations, transcervical sterilizations, and abnormal uterine bleeding are common among the mature female demographic. Thus, the rise in geriatric population increases the market growth. Furthermore, as hysteroscopy is used to evaluate uterine abnormalities, they are increasingly being used in fertility assistance. Hence, an increase in the number of couples that opt for assisted reproduction technology procedures is expected to boost the market growth. In addition, advancements in technology for hysteroscopes will further fuel the market growth.
The global hysteroscopes market is segmented based on product type, application, end user, and geography. Based on product type, the market is categorized into rigid non-video hysteroscopes, flexible non-video hysteroscopes, and flexible video hysteroscopes. Based on application, the market is divided into hysteroscopic polypectomy, hysteroscopic myomectomy, hysteroscopic endometrial ablation, and others. Based on end-users, the market is further classified into ambulatory surgical centers, hospitals, and clinics. Based on geography, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Stryker, MedGyn Products Inc., Hologic, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Olympus Medical Corporation, Richard Wolf GmbH, Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG, and Xion Medical GmbH have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017-2023, which helps identify prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario globally.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
Hysteroscopes Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Rigid Non-Video Hysteroscopes
- Flexible Non-Video Hysteroscopes
- Flexible Video Hysteroscopes
- Hysteroscopic Polypectomy
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic Endometrial Ablation
By End Users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA