Ice hockey's growing popularity as a team sport in both developed and developing countries has fueled the demand for suitable protective gear to play the game. The emergence of ice hockey as a national sport in North America has altered sports gear manufacturers' priorities. In comparison to other sports, ice hockey necessitates the use of particular clothing. Because players are skating on the floor and playing with hockey sticks, there is a higher risk of injury, as well as a higher level of intensity and passion. This is a part of the game, and in order to perform at their best, players will need special equipment. Helmets, shoulder pads/chest protectors, elbow pads, mouth guards, protective gloves, extensively padded shorts, a 'jock,' shin guards, and a neck guard are typically included. Goaltenders wear masks and bulkier, specialized equipment to protect themselves from many direct puck hits. Ice hockey tournaments such as the Ice Hockey World Championship, World Cup of Hockey, and Stanley Cup are expected to increase the sport's appeal, encouraging kids to play. In order to stay competitive, leading firms have made significant research and development investments in recent years.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The covid-19 epidemic forced a quick lockdown in many regions of the world to prevent the virus from spreading, resulting in the rapid closure of factories, shops, and other businesses. The global market for non-essential products has suffered from a rapid reduction in demand and supply, as well as travel limitations.
- The epidemic has had a substantial negative impact on the economy as a result of less work being done, lower demand, and a shortage of factory workers. Additionally, the travel ban has resulted in a lack of raw materials, halting manufacturing.
- Outdoor activities and other sports like as ice hockey were hampered by the shutdown, and no activity was played for over a year. As a result, a decline in garment sales was forecast, and it will continue to be low until circumstances normalize.
Top Impacting Factors
Companies are introducing new concepts for ice hockey apparel manufacturing. Several market competitors are implementing new materials to improve the feel and comfort of ice hockey apparel while also allowing consumers to move freely.
Improved-function gear is being developed at a high expense, resulting in a premiumization trend in the global ice hockey gear market.
Ice hockey has seen a significant surge in participation in recent years. Women players are important contributors to the market, and their participation has increased dramatically in recent years.
Furthermore, the growth of synthetic ice rinks around the world has increased demand for ice hockey equipment. People in Asia and the Middle East can now participate in the sport because to the rapid rise of solid polymer material (synthetic ice) rinks. In the next years, the market is projected to be driven by this trend.
Increased participation rates have resulted in an increase in the number of ice hockey tournaments.
- Since its beginnings, North America has been the most active participant in ice hockey, with professional, semi-pro, and junior levels of play in Canada and the United States. Some of the popular ice hockey tournaments played around the region include the National Hockey League (US, Canada), Liga Mexicana Eite (Mexico), Ontario Hockey League (Canada), ECHL (US, Canada), and others.
- As a result, hockey equipment manufacturers have a huge potential to boost their brand equity by providing sponsorships and endorsements to well-known players and clubs, giving them a competitive advantage over their competitors. Furthermore, a growth in government efforts in various countries aimed at increasing sports participation has been a major driver of the market in recent years. As a result, the sport's popularity has skyrocketed, particularly among young people. For example, the IIHF organizes international ice hockey events all over the world. The IIHF's main responsibilities are to manage, develop, and organize hockey around the world.
Innovation in apparel in coming years to boost the market.
- Apparel and equipment was one of the first industries to adopt technology. Players are now bigger, stronger, and more gigantic than ever before, but their gear is lighter, despite being more durable. Carbon composites are widely used for sticks because they are extremely robust while being lightweight and flexible.
- Furthermore, the protective features have been extensively updated to save weight wherever possible. Bauer Hockey's protective equipment is leading the way in this area. The proportions of the player's body are properly mapped using 3D scanning technology. Bauer can create elbow, shin, and shoulder pads based on a player's precise dimensions once the 3D model is created.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the ice hockey apparel industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ice hockey apparel market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the ice hockey apparel market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed ice hockey apparel market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the ice hockey apparel market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Ice Hockey Apparel" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Ice Hockey Apparel" Market?
Ice Hockey Apparel Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Buyer Type
By Gender Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
CCM Hockey,, Sher-Wood Hockey, Inc., Vaughn Hockey, Eagle Hockey, New Balance, Inc, Winnwell, Inc, Adidas AG, Cooper Canada Ltd, Wm T. Burnett & Co., Inc., Franklin Sports, Inc, BAUER Hockey, LLC