Image sensor detects images and conveys information to central monitoring system. It is used in electronic imaging devices, such as digital camera, camera modules, medical imaging equipment, and others. These sensors are also used for in automotive applications security purposes. It is used for traffic management applications, such as detection of moving violations, railroad crossing monitoring, and detection of traffic rules violations. Image sensors have become smaller, cheaper, and consume less power due to technological advancements.
Affordable CMOS image sensors and mobile devices with dual camera are factors that fuel the growth in the world image sensor market. In addition, increasing usage of webcams in tablets & laptops supplements the growth. However, high manufacturing cost and reducing demand for still camera are factors restraining the growth in the market. Application in self-driving car and applications in gesture recognition create opportunities in the market.
The world image sensor market is segmented based on technology, specification, application, and geography. The technology segment is classified into CMOS, CCD, and others. On the basis of specifications, the market is classified based on processing type, spectrum, and array type. The applications covered in the report are aerospace, entertainment, consumer electronics, healthcare, automotive, industrial, and security & surveillance. Geographically, the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
The prominent manufacturers operating in the market are CMOSIS NV, GalaxyCore Inc., ON Semiconductor Corporation, OmniVision Technologies Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Sony Corporation, Teledyne Technologies Inc., Sharp Corporation, and Toshiba Corporation. They have adopted various strategies, such as expansions, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, and others to strengthen their position in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report offers a detailed analysis of key driving and restraining factors of the world image sensor market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2015 and 2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- An exhaustive analysis of key strategies adopted by leading manufacturers helps in understanding competitive scenario.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of current and future market status of the world image sensor market.
- Comprehensive analysis has been done in this report by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2015 and 2020.
- An extensive analysis of current research and clinical developments withinthe world image sensor market is provided with key market dynamic factors that help in understanding the behavior of the market.
- The world image sensor market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA).
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Technology
- By Specification
- Processing Type
- Array Type
- By Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Security & Surveillance
- By Geography
- North America
- Latin America, Middle East and Africa (LAMEA)
KEY MARKET PLAYERS:
- CMOSIS NV
- GalaxyCore Inc.
- ON Semiconductor Corporation
- OmniVision Technologies Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Sony Corporation
- Teledyne Technologies Inc.
- Sharp Corporation
- Toshiba Corporation