Imatinib is a chemotherapy drug that acts by reducing or preventing the progression of cancer cells. This drug is used for the treatment of certain cancers such as chronic myeloid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, gastrointestinal tumors, certain skin tumors (dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans), and myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative diseases.
Growth in prevalence of cancer, increase in demand for target drug therapy, and patent expiry of imatinib drug are expected to drive the imatinib drug market. According to the National Cancer Institute, in June 2017, it was estimated that there will be around 62,130 and 24,500 people with new cases and death due to leukemia, respectively, in the U.S.
Furthermore, rise in healthcare expenditure and increase in awareness of cancer by government and private organizations are anticipated to boost the market growth. In addition, R&D activities related to imatinib are anticipated to present new opportunities during the forecast period. However, high cost of imatinib; adverse effects; presence of substitutes, such as sprycel, tarceva, and tasigna; and stringent government regulations may hinder the market growth.
The imatinib drug market is segmented on the basis of application, drug formulation, and geography. Based on application, it is divided into aggressive systemic mastocytosis (ASM), chronic eosinophilic leukemia (CEL), dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP), gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST), hyper-eosinophilic syndrome (HES), myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), myeloproliferative diseases (MPD), Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL), and Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML). Based on the drug formulation, the market is bifurcated into tablets and capsules. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global imatinib drug market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report presents a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Imatinib Drug Market Key Segments:
- Aggressive Systemic Mastocytosis (ASM)
- Chronic Eosinophilic Leukemia (CEL)
- Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans (DFSP)
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Hyper-eosinophilic Syndrome (HES)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Myeloproliferative Diseases (MPD)
- Philadelphia Chromosome-positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (Ph+ ALL)
- Philadelphia Chromosome-positive Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (Ph+ CML)
By Drug Formulation
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceuticals
- Actavis Generics
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Cipla Inc.
- Apotex Inc.
- Mylan Pharms Inc.