Immunomodulators are substances that alter the immune response by decreasing the responsiveness of the immune system to make antibodies or sensitized cells. These cells identify and react with the antigen that instigated their production. Some of the immunomodulators are corticosteroids, thymosin, cytotoxic agents, and immunoglobulins. Few of the immunomodulators are naturally present in the body, while some of these are obtained from pharmacological preparations.
The major factors that drive the market growth are increasing usage of monoclonal antibodies to treat diseases such as sclerosis, Crohns disease, rheumatoid arthritis & others, and the rising prevalence of cancer. In addition, availability of effective product pipeline of the companies involved in R&D of immunomodulators further fuels the market growth. However, the presence of stringent regulations involved in the approval procedure for immunomodulator antibodies pose entry difficulties for small-scale manufacturers, less availability of tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitors, and high costs associated with them act as restraints for the market growth. In addition, rising awareness regarding the availability of such immunomodulators is anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunities for the market.
The report segments the immunomodulators market based on product, application, and region. Based on product, the market is segmented into immunosuppressants and immunostimulants. Based on immunosuppressants, the market is segmented into antibodies, calcineurin inhibitors, glucocorticoids, antimetabolites, and others. Based on immunostimulants, the market is segmented into vaccines, antibodies, and others. Based on application, the market is segmented into oncology, respiratory, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and others. Regionally, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the market included in the report are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Amgen, Inc., Abbott Laboratories, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Merck & Co., Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Pfizer Inc., and Biogen Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the immunomodulators market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type elucidates various forms of available immunomodulators.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- By region, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Immunomodulators Market Key Segmentation:
- Calcineurin Inhibitors
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA