Immunotherapy drugs are used to enhance or suppress the immune system of the body. They are mostly used in the treatment of cancer and act by stimulating the immune system of the body and generate an immune response aiding the production of antibodies. Antibodies produced against antigen kill the cancerous or tumor cells. The global immunotherapy drugs market is expected to grow significant growth during the forecast period due to increase in incidence of cancer.
The global immunotherapy market is driven by increasing adoption of targeted therapies, increase in life span of patients, and high prevalence of lifestyle diseases. Furthermore, rapid approval of drugs and reduction in recurrence of diseases propel the market growth. However, high cost of immunotherapy treatment and higher attrition rate in the product development cycle impede the market growth. Conversely, immunotherapy as an alternative to chemotherapy and use of immunotherapy as the first line of drug for the treatment of cancer provide growth opportunities in the market players in the near future.
The global immunotherapy drugs market is segmented based on therapy area, type of drugs, and region. Based on therapy area, it is divided into cancer, autoimmune & inflammatory diseases, infectious diseases, and others. Cancer is further divided into solid tumor and malignant tumor. Based on type of drugs, it is classified into monoclonal antibodies, adult vaccines, checkpoint inhibitors, interferons alpha & beta, interleukins, and others.
The adult vaccines segment is subdivided into preventive vaccines and therapeutic vaccines. On the basis of region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA further country level analysis of regions is provided to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and sub-segment of the market across the globe.
The major companies profiled in this report includes F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc., AbbVie, Inc., Amgen, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Alligator Bioscience, UbiVac, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Novartis International AG, and AstraZeneca plc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis of the industry from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the various types of nanomedicines used for the treatment of cancer.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies have been analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Immunotherapy Drugs Market Key Segments:
By Therapy Area
- Solid Tumor
- Autoimmune & Inflammatory Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
By Type Of Drugs
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Adult Vaccines
- Preventive Vaccines
- Therapeutic Vaccines
- Checkpoint Inhibitors
- Interferons Alpha & Beta
- North America
- The Netherlands
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA