Implantable insulin pump aids in delivering insulin into the peritoneal cavity and remains inside the body all the time. In addition, the insulin pump implanted in the peritoneal cavity helps in efficient absorption of insulin. The advent of implantable insulin pumps is anticipated to revolutionize the treatment of Type 1 diabetes and will also help find a constructive solution for truly effective artificial pancreas. Implantable insulin pumps are still considered to be new and can offer better treatment solutions for people who suffer from diabetes. The major factors that fuel the growth of the market are rise in the population that suffers from diabetes along with increasing awareness about insulin treatment that is available in the market. In addition, technological advancements in implantable insulin pumps supplement the market growth. However, stringent regulations regarding the approval of implantable insulin pumps along with limited availability of these pumps restrain the growth of the implantable insulin pumps market.
The report segments the market on the basis of type, end user, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into closed-loop insulin pump and open-loop insulin pump. Based on end user, the market is classified into hospitals and individuals (self-medication). Based on region, it has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players profiled in this market are Medtronic, Insulet Corporation, F. Hoffmann La Roche Ltd., Animas corporation, SOOIL Developments Co., Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Tandem Diabetes Care, Inc., and Aetna Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global implantable insulin pumps market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists in understanding various forms of implantable insulin pumps that are available.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Implantable Insulin Pump Market Key Segmentation:
- Closed-Loop Insulin Pump
- Open-Loop Insulin Pump
By End User
- Individuals (Self-Medication)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA