In-situ hybridization utilizes a labeled probe of complementary RNA, DNA, or modified nucleic acid to localize particular DNA or RNA sequence. In addition, in-situ hybridization indicates the localization of gene expression in their cellular environment. The two types of in situ hybridization namely fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and chromogenic in situ hybridization (CISH) are used to identify the position of genes, which offer useful insights regarding tumors. The major drivers that fuel the growth of the market are increase in cancer prevalence, rise in awareness about cancer along with technology advancements in cancer therapeutics, and increase in government initiatives. In contrast, availability of better technologies, such as high-throughput whole genome sequencing and microarray, and others restrain the growth of the global in-situ hybridization market.
This report segments the global in situ hybridization market based on technique, application, end user, and region. Based on technique, it is categorized into fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) and chromogenic in situ hybridization (CISH). Based on application, it is classified into cancer diagnosis, immunology, neuroscience, cytology, and infectious diseases. Based on end user, it is bifurcated molecular diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, contract research organizations (CROS), and academic & research institutions. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players of the in-situ hybridization market are Abbott Laboratories, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Leica Biosystems Nussloch GmbH, Agilent Technologies, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Merck KGaA, PerkinElmer, Inc., Exiqon A/S, BioGenex Laboratories, Inc., Advanced Cell Diagnostics, Inc., and Bio SB Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global in situ hybridization market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type assists in understanding the various forms of in situ hybridization available.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
In-situ Hybridization Market Key Segmentation:
- Fluorescence In-Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Chromogenic In-Situ Hybridization (CISH)
- Cancer Diagnosis
- Infectious Diseases
By End User
- Molecular Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations (CROS)
- Academic & Research Institutions
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA