Tracking an object present in indoor environment is termed as indoor location (or indoor localization). IPS (indoor positioning system) technology used for tracking objects can locate humans or objects inside a company using acoustic signals or radio waves gathered by handheld devices such as mobile phones. Emergence of indoor location systems have further provided enterprises higher accuracy across different venues, regardless the hardware used. Besides this, the system has helped many manufacturing units to manage their floor level efficiently.
There are several drivers, restraints and opportunities that has influenced the indoor location market to a greater extent. Factors such as need of reliable GPS technology in indoor location & the necessary improvement in public safety, are driving the indoor location market. On the other hand, demand for cost control measures associated with deployment model is now determining the market future, which looks promising. However, slow adoption of this technology has hindered the development of the market in many regions. In addition, the indoor location market is still at its nascent stage in many countries.
The indoor location market is segmented in terms of services, solution, application, industry and geography. The key solutions include tag -based solution, RF- based solution and others. The application segment discussed in the report includes indoor navigation & maps, tracking & tracing application, monitoring & emergency management among others. Moreover, major services covered during the study consists of support and managed services, consulting and others. In addition, the industries served by the market consists of BFSI, government, oil and gas, manufacturing, and retail, among others. The market is analyzed on the basis of four regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. Key market leaders are also covered in the market research report. List of companies discussed in the report includes Cisco, Motorola, Microsoft, Broadcom, Apple, Qualcomm and others.
INDOOR LOCATION MARKET KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of the market across the globe
- The report offers insights on competitive landscape, new technological developments & untapped segments
- Value chain analysis of technology suppliers, original equipment manufacturers, system integrators, and key operators is offered in the report
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 20142020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities
- The report offers strategic analysis of financial status of key market players, and highlights market share of key vendors
INDOOR LOCATION MARKET KEY SEGMENTS
Market By Solution
- Tag -based Solution
- RF-based Solution
Market By Application
- Indoor Navigation & Maps
- Tracking & Tracing Application
- Monitoring & Emergency Management
Market By Service
- Support and Managed Services
Market By Industry
- Oil & Gas and Mining
- Information Technology and Media
- Government (Public utilities & public safety and security)
Market By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
KEY MARKET PLAYERS
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Broadcom Corporation
- Motorola Solutions
- Google, Inc.
- Apple, Inc.
- STMicroelectronics N.V.
- Microsoft Corporation