Industrial aerators are used to remove particles, impurities, and dissolved gases such as carbon dioxide from water and oxidize dissolved metals such as hydrogen sulfide, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), and iron. Aeration is often the first major process in wastewater treatment plants. Industrial aerators are mainly used for wastewater treatment. Two types of industrial aerators are available—water-into-air aerators and air-into-water aerators. Industrial aerators are used for operations such as hydrogen sulfide and ammonia reduction (stripping), decarbonation (carbon dioxide reduction), and oxidation of manganese, and iron found in well water (oxidation tower). Industrial aerators are also used to control the bacteria in water in wastewater treatment plants. These help transfer oxygen from the water's surface into the water column through a venturi tube, creating no surface spray. They dissolve oxygen into the water to maintain the purity of water in ponds and lakes. The global industrial aerators market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increase in demand for industrial aerators from wastewater treatment plants.
COVID-19impact on industry -
COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the industrial aerators industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of the industrial aerators market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Key Drivers of the Industrial Aerators Market
- Rise in urban population and increase in economic activity along with increased industrial manufacturing and infrastructure development is resulting in increased demand for industrial aerators, which is estimated to increase the market in the near future.
- Furthermore, stringent government regulations and the EU Water Framework Directive, the Central Pollution Control Board of India, and industrial effluent guidelines by the United States EPA, have mandated the treatment of wastewater by industrial manufacturing businesses. This is projected to fuel the adoption of industrial aerators in the upcoming years.
- Rise in water pollution across the globe is expected to boost the industrial aerators market in the forthcoming years. Water pollution occurs due to population growth, industrial growth, and urban discharge of wastewater into rivers and lakes.
High Initial Investment and Complex Operations Hindering the Market
- Industrial aerators are expensive, that is the major factor anticipated to restrict the market growth. They require high initial investment followed by a long payback period.
- Lack of trained staff to perform inspection and troubleshooting to maximize the efficiency of industrial aerators is also expected to hamper the demand for industrial aerators.
Fresh Water Scarcity and Industrial Wastewater Regulations to Support Aeration Systems Market Growth
Rapid growth in urbanization is estimated to play a positive role in the growth of the aeration system market during the forecast period, owing to the acute water scarcity conditions worldwide, arising from declining resources and misuse.
In addition, strict government regulations, such as industrial effluent guidelines by the UnitedStates EPA, the Central Pollution Control Board of India, and the EU Water Framework Directive, have made regulations for the mandatory treatment of wastewater by industrial manufacturing businesses, that is estimated to increase the usage of aeration system in industry and factories. On the other hand, prohibitive installation costs, make the adoption of aeration systems for small and medium scale industries difficult, on a global scale. This is anticipated to act as a major limiting factor on the aeration system market in the near future.
With the massive rise in industrial and domestic effluents there is worldwide demand for highly efficient and environment friendly aeration systems are anticipated to grow rapidly in the foreseeable future. Market players are investing majorly in R&D to attract new business through performance and durability enhancing improvements.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the industrial aerators market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the future of the market
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the ash handling market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the industrial balers market growth scenario.
Industrial Aerators Market Report Highlights
By End user
Key Market Players
Airmaster Aerator LLC, Sulzer Ltd., Aeration Industries International, LLC., VaraCorp, LLC, Philadelphia Mixing Solutions, Otterbine Barebo Inc., Fluence Corporation Limited, Rain Bird Corporation, Advanced Industrial Aeration