Ethernet switch is a multiport network switch that connects all the computer networking devices together on a computer. It forwards the data only to its destination port where it is required unlike Ethernet hubs which forward the data to all the ports irrespective of the requirement. Ethernet switches are broadly classified into two main categoriesmodular and fixed configuration. Modular switches allow you to add expansion modules into the switches as needed, thereby delivering the best flexibility to address changing networks, whereas fixed configuration switches are switches with a fixed number of ports and are typically not expandable.
The industrial ethernet switch market is anticipated to grow significantly during the forecast period owing to reduction of business downtime, availability of information at every location fast exchange of data between the selected sections, and automation that improves the productivity. Industrial ethernet switches find their application as smart grid, security & surveillance, intelligent rail & traffic, and other utilities drive the market. In smart grid, ethernet switch plays a significant role in substation automation, reducing the expenditure and the complexity of wiring between devices found in many transmission & distribution substations by converging to an ethernet-based network.
The industrial ethernet switch market is segmented on the basis of industry verticals, end user, and geography. By industry vertical, the market is classified into manufacturing, aerospace & defense, electric and power, oil & gas, automotive and transportation, and others. By organization size, it is divided into large scale enterprise, medium scale enterprise, and small scale enterprise. Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
Major companies profiled in the report include Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, IBM, Alcatel-Lucent, Check Point, Siemens, HP, Microsoft, and Aruba.
- Comprehensive analysis of the current trends and future estimations in the market is provided from 2017 to 2023.
- The report offers a competitive scenario of the market with growth trends, structure, driving factors, scope, opportunities, and challenges.
- The report includes a detailed analysis of the key segments to provide insights on market dynamics.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potential of buyers and suppliers as well as provides insights on the competitive structure of the market to devise effective growth strategies and facilitate better decision-making.
Industrial Ethernet Switch Market Key Segmentation:
By Industry Verticals
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electric and Power
- Oil & Gas
- Automotive and Transportation
By End User
- Large Scale Enterprise
- Medium Scale Enterprise
- Small Scale Enterprise
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Check Point