Girth gears can be used in various industries across the world such as mining & minerals, cement, and construction. Industrial girth gear gives rotational drive to the system and the design of industrial girth gear should be efficient and robust. Industrial girth gears are fitted in such a way that it will work in horizontal axis, and the girth gears are fitted to cylinders on which girth gears are mounted. Industrial girth gears can be divided into two types, namely, flange-mounted industrial girth gears and tangential spring mounted industrial girth gear. Flange-mounted industrial girth gears are commonly used as compare to the tangential spring mounted industrial girth gear.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for industrial girth gear is expected to decrease in the year 2020 due to low demand from different industries such as construction, cement and mining due to the lockdown imposed by government of many countries.
- COVID-19 pandemic has halted the production of various products in the industrial girth gear industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of struts system market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020, and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries, including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is negatively affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors:
Industrial girth gear is an important component in the machines which are used in various industries such as construction industry, mining industry and in cement industry as well. Both the types of industrial girth gears offer different application according to the its design.
For manufacturing of girth gears there are three to four segments which are needs to be assembled together for the proper working of the industrial girth gear. Manufacturing of girth gears has the requirement of very large machines which are expensive also. These machines are not easy to operate. Other than this, the size of the components required for girth gear is large hence sometimes the quality of casting affects.
Flange mounted industrial girth gear are often used in equipment such as semi-autogenous grinding (SAG) mills as well for ball mills also. These mills are used in cement industry and in mining industry for cold processing operations. Manufacturing industry has set some standards for the dimension of flange mounted industrial girth gears. These gears are available in standard dimensions such as the diameter of the gear should be 14 meters. Gear should be 1.1 meters in face width and diametral pitch of the gear should be 0.5. The weight of the flange mounted industrial girth gear should come as 120 tons. These gears provide the stability and stiffness to the mill so that successful operation can be carried out.
Tangential spring mounted industrial girth gears are mostly used in equipment such as kilns, dryers which are rotary pyro equipment. Spring mounted gears are used to drive these equipment. Flange mounted girth gears cannot be used for equipment such as kilns and dryers because the temperature of these machines is far more than which the flange mounted gears can withstand.
Industrial girth gears are generally made up of helical design because of the less complexity of the design and it also helps to reduce the cost girth gear. If the mill bearings are not able to absorb the thrust force from gears which are designed as single helical gears then the double helical designed gears or spur designed gears are used.
Key driving factor for the growth of industrial girth gear market:
World is witnessing the growth of the different sectors such as construction, mining and cement sectors. Girth gear is an important component in the machines which are used in these sectors. Hence, this could be the key driving factor for the growth of industrial girth gear market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the industrial girth gear market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the industrial girth gear market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the industrial girth gear market growth scenario.
- The report provides a detailed industrial girth gear market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Industrial Girth Gear Market Report Highlights
By End-user Industry
Key Market Players
Ashoka Machines Tools Corp., P. van der Wegen Gears, Nippon Chuzo K.K., SEW-EURODRIVE GmbH & Co KG, SYMMEN, The KCP Limited., DB Santasalo Sarl, FLSmidth& Co. A/S, Siemens AG, Kumera Corp.