Industrial insulators are used to create air gap for ensuring an effective insulation between two or more conductors. Insulators form an integral part of transmission & distribution and help in resisting stresses as well such as against heat, cold, and contamination.
Modernization of outdated transmission and distribution (T&D) technology in developed nations along with the adoption of renewable power across the globe are some key drivers boosting the growth of market. Industrial insulators form an integral part of T&D infrastructure and are used in substations to provide electrical insulation and mechanical support for various electrical components. Hence, increase in T&D investments and the installed T&D line length over regions such as Asia-Pacific and North America has also fostered the demand for industrial insulators. Sale of low grade industrial insulators in grey market is a key market challenge that needs to be dealt with by key vendors and market players. The recently proposed transmission methods based on high voltage direct current (HVDC) targeted for long-distance power supply along with the adoption of smart grid technology is a key market opportunity.
The industrial insulators market is segmented on the basis of type, voltage, category, applications, end users and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into ceramic, glass and composite insulators. On the basis of voltage, the market is segmented into high-voltage, medium-voltage and low-voltage. On the basis of end-users, the market segments include utilities, commercial and industrial, and others. On the basis of category, the market is segmented into bushings and other insulators. Industrial insulators find applications in cables & transmission lines, transformers, switchgears, bus bar, surge protection devices, and others. Based on geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America and Middle-East and Africa (LAMEA).
Some of the prominent market players offering industrial insulators include ABB Ltd., Alstom, Hubbell Incorporated, Lapp Insulator Group, Siemens AG, Toshiba Corporation, Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd., Seves Group, MacLean-Fogg, and Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of current & future market trends and emerging avenues for the growth of industrial insulators market across the globe
- The report offers an overview of changing market dynamics in terms of fast turn-around analysis of stakeholders responses to recent industry policy changes and market trends
- The report offers an insight into competitive landscape in terms of new technological developments, untapped segments, and value chain analysis
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities
- Tools such as Porters Five Forces model help in understanding the potentiality of key buyers and sellers
INDUSTRIAL INSULATION KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
World Industrial Insulators Market - By Type
- Composite Insulators
World Industrial Insulators Market - By Voltage
- Low Voltage
- Medium Voltage
- High Voltage
World Industrial Insulators Market - By Applications
- Cables & Transmission Lines
- Bus Bar
- Surge Protection Devices
World Industrial Insulators Market - By Category
- Other Insulators
World Industrial Insulators Market - By End-Users
- Commercial and Industrial
World Industrial Insulators Market - By Geography
- North America
- Latin America and Middle-East and Africa (LAMEA)
- ABB Ltd.
- Hubbell Incorporated
- Lapp Insulator Group
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corporation
- Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd.
- Seves Group
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited