Also known as industrial laminator, industrial laminating machines an easy-to-use machinery and is used to cover or seal any product or document and provide a protective layer around it by the use of paper, plastic film, or foil. It makes use of thermal heat to cover the documents or products to enhance its durability and endurance to mishandling or miscarrying of the product. Industrial laminating machines use some common accessories such as edge guides, spreader rolls, oil or water heating systems or cooling rolls.
Growth in the industry of photography and advertising is expected to boost the growth of the industrial laminating machine market. the photography industry grew at a rate of around 2.2% in the UK and at a slighter faster rate in the U.S. at 2.5%. More protection is needed for photographic films, which will be handled by a lot of manpower throughout its journey. It is to be used in automotive sectors, aerospace & defense sectors, medical& pharmaceutical industries to laminate the products and components to prevent it from rusting or any other chemical reactions hampering the performance or efficiency of that particular product. Laminators are used to increase the lifecycle of the product. The factors hampering the growth of industrial laminating machine markets are the lack of efficiency of the machines, its high cost or the harsh working environment it creates for the manpower operating it. Some other factors that hinder the growth of the industrial laminating machine market is the growth of digital printing machines owing to the fact that it is more efficient to increase the lifecycle of the product safe.
Covid-19 Impact On Market
- COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect the industrial laminating machine industry negatively, as a result of halted manufacturing and massive reduction in demand for luxury and non-essential services globally.
- COVID-19 crisis had a mixed impact on the packaging industry, mainly due to closure of physical retail stores globally. However, the availability of online retailing has absorbed the high impact of this shutdown.
- The requirement of e-Commerce specific packaging is likely to remain strong, although the ecommerce companies would have to focus on protection of goods and sanitization of packages.
- In addition, the food packaging industry is on the frontline within the global packaging market, owing to the demand for essential products such as groceries and fresh food mainly from local e-retail sites.
- Industrial, transportation, and bulk packaging has faced a sharp decline, owing to decreased demand for non-essential goods during the first two quarters of 2020.
- Owing to the lowered disposable income of maximum population and weak demand for packaging from industrial goods, the packaging industry might face significant pressure of reduction in both wholesale as well as retail costs.
- Consumers are likely to stay hesitant for consumption of luxury products, travel, and hospitality services, which is expected to hinder the industry growth in the future after the COVID-19 crisis.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Surge in application in advanced & portable healthcare equipment, increase in demand of e-vehicle and fuel driven vehicle components for procurement, food & beverages to be stored for longer duration are the factors that drive the growth of the industrial laminating machine market. However, high cost prices and lack of efficiency hinder the market growth. Contrarily, investments in automotive and healthcare industry, launch of new and advanced products, requirement for increased durability of the product and components, and trend of lamination of photographic films present new pathways in the industry.
The industrial laminating machine market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
The launch of new products that contain improved capabilities have been launched by leading market players. They have taken necessary steps to improve accuracy of devices and overall functionality as well. Companies are adopting more automation techniques so that more work can be carried out by machines to save labor costs and make work environment condition safe and reliable. The manufacturers of industrial laminators must develop user-friendly interface to make it more convenient for users and to establish themselves in the market.
Forel showcased a few of its new machinery solutions in October, 2019, including the Art.FA large size frame applicator and the Art.SS sorting system. Frames can be assembled directly on the applicator horizontally. Then the machine tilts the glass vertically and the frame adheres to the glass surface due to a localized pressure system. The glass can then be placed on a vertical line. The applicator can be used with glass as large as 236 by 130 inches and as small as 118 by 59 inches. Forel’s sorting system organizes and manages glass lites until they are ready to be moved to another line or process. This reduces operator risk and glass waste. It works with customers to create a layout that works with their current operating flow.
Increase in usage in automotive and medical industries
Manufacturers such as Black Bros. Co., and Monotech Systems Ltd. have been focusing on producing new products for specific applications as there are varying demands based on the utilization. Market leaders have determined how improved efficiency and faster applications can be influential in many applications. Growing need of packaging of pharmaceutical products in the world as people are now more dependent on medicines and medical equipment. The ever-growing need of key healthcare institutions to safely deliver the equipment that are untouched and non-infected to be able to meet its primary reason for existence. Also, the automotive sectors need laminators to protect its components or deliverable parts from degrading by any chemical reaction or human made errors to increase the durability of components.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the industrial laminating machines industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the industrial laminating machines market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the industrial laminating machines market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market. The report provides a detailed industrial laminating machines market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Industrial Laminating Machine Market Report Highlights
By Industrial Vertical
Key Market Players
Kenmec Group, Graphco, Menzel Maschinenbau, Monotech Systems Ltd., FRIMO Group GmbH, HMT Manufacturing, Inc., Comexi Group Industries, Equinox Precision Corp., Faustel, Inc., Black Bros. Co.