Industrial robot controllers are devices that are used to monitor and operate industrial robots used in automation operations to perform different manufacturing activities such as welding, assembling, lifting and more. The robot controllers ensure that the robots are working in the right way and are in sync with other robots in the vicinity. Other functions of robot controllers include checking and troubleshooting problems in the robots and repair the defective parts. Industrial robot system usually comprises four parts that are robot body, control system, servo system and sensor. The control system is considered as the brain of the robot, whose primary objective is to drive the robot to desired location to complete the tasks according to the operator’s instructions.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the industrial robot controllers industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of industrial robot controllers market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Drivers, restraints, and opportunities
An increase in demand for collaborative robots in nearly all manufacturing industries, high labor costs and technological advancements are potential drivers for the industrial robotic motors market. Collaborative robot allows the participation of both humans and robots collectively to handle tasks effectively. However, high installation cost and safety hazards associated with operation of industrial robots are the restraints that can hinder the industrial robot controller market growth. Installation of a robotic project can be quite challenging especially for new companies. High skilled engineers are required for such activities, which will incur more cost for installation. Expanding automation in the electrical and electronics industry proves to be the biggest opportunity in the industrial robot controllers market.
Trends in industrial robotic controllers market
Notable developments in robotics industry
Traditional robots are regularly being updated to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the robots. Technological automation is growing at a very fast pace in most of the manufacturing industries. Consequently, an increase in demand for industrial robotic motors can be witnessed in the upcoming years. 3D printed robots are recent developments in the robotics industry. A 3D printing machine takes material, CAD model and system commands from the user as input and prints the desired output layer by layer. Many manufacturing industries especially in the automobile sector have already adopted this technology.
Increasing labor cost and unskilled workers
The lack of skilled workforce and high labor costs have been major reasons for the adoption of industrial robots in many industries in both developing and developed nations. Many organizations have adopted industrial robots as a solution for high labor costs. Although, initial cost of installation is high but once installed the return on investment is very satisfactory as it provides great productivity with great efficiency which will result in higher profit margin for the organizations. Moreover, labor wages have been booming recently in the countries such as the U.S. and European markets. Considering the costs associated with workers, implementation of robots seems to be a better option, which creates a pathway for the industrial robotic motors to increase its demand in upcoming years.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study represents the analytical representation of the global industrial robot controller market combined with the ongoing trends and future predictions to determine investment opportunities.
- The present market is thoroughly analyzed to enlighten the industrial robot controller market growth.
- The report gives the information regarding the important drivers, restraints, and opportunities provided with an in depth analysis of the global industrial robot controllers market.
- Segmentation details of the global industrial robot controllers market.
- The report gives a comprehensive global industrial robot controllers market analysis based on competitiveness and how the performance of the competitors will take shape in coming years.
Industrial Robot Controllers Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
KUKA Robotics, Hyndai, ABB Robotics, Durr, Nachi-Fujikoshi CORP., Yamaha Motor Industrial Robots., COMAU, OTC DAIHEN, Fanuc, EPSON Robots