Industrial robot motors enable a robot to move. A robot could not be called as a robot until a motor is installed in it. Electric motors are most commonly used motors in robots .Electric motors are defined as the electric machines in which conversion of electrical energy to mechanical energy takes place. This mechanical energy is put into use to operate the robots. The input for an electric motor is electrical energy which may be provided either through batteries that are direct current sources or through rectifiers. The motors are classified into various types but the most widely used motors in industrial robots are the servo motors, stepper motors and DC motors. The selection of motor is based on the type of robot being used. Rapid technological automation in various industries is increasing the demand for industrial robotic motors worldwide. Advantages of industrial robotic motors are their efficiency, productivity and long operating life. Disadvantages are high initial setup cost and lack of skilled operators.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down the production of various products in the global industrial robotic motors industry, mainly owing to the prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered the growth of global industrial robotic motors market significantly from last few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected the sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020 and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting the demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Drivers, restraints, and opportunities
An increase in demand for collaborative robots in nearly all manufacturing industries, high labor costs and technological advancements are potential drivers for the industrial robotic motors market. Collaborative robot allows the participation of both humans and robots combined to handle tasks effectively. However, high installation cost and safety hazards associated with operation of industrial robots are the restraints that can hinder the industrial robotic motors market growth. Installation of a robotic project can be quite challenging especially for new companies. High skilled engineers are required for such activities which will incur more cost for installation. On the other hand, deployment of industrial robots and automation in the manufacturing industries is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the industrial robotic motors manufacturers in the upcoming years.
Trends in industrial robotic motors market
Notable developments in robotics industry
Traditional robots are regularly being updated to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the robots. Technological automation is growing at a very fast pace in most of the manufacturing industries. Consequently, an increase in demand for industrial robotic motors can be witnessed in the upcoming years. 3D printed robots are recent developments in the robotics industry. A 3D printing machine takes material, CAD model and system commands from the user as input and prints the desired output layer by layer. Many manufacturing industries especially automobile industries have already adopted this technology. Such new emerging technologies are expected to have huge impact on the industrial robotic motors market in the future.
Lack of skilled workforce and high labor cost
The lack of skilled workforce and high labor costs have been major reasons for the adoption of industrial robots in many industries in both developing and developed nations. Many organizations have adopted industrial robots as a solution for high labor costs. Although, initial cost of installation is high but once installed the return on investment is very satisfactory as it provides great productivity with great efficiency which will result in higher profit margin for the organizations. Moreover, labor wages have been booming recently in the countries such as U.S. and European markets. Considering the costs associated with workers, implementation of robots seems to be a better option which creates a pathway for the industrial robotic motors to increase its demand in upcoming years.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study represents the analytical representation of the global industrial robotic motors market combined with the ongoing trends and future predictions to determine investment opportunities.
- The present market is thoroughly analyzed to enlighten the industrial robotic motors market growth.
- The report gives the information regarding the important drivers, restraints, and opportunities provided with an in depth analysis of the industrial robotic motors market.
- Segmentation details of the global industrial robotic motors market.
- The report gives a comprehensive global industrial robotic motors market analysis based on competitiveness and how the performance of the competitors will take shape in coming years.
Industrial Robotic Motors Market Report Highlights
By Motor type
By Robot type
Key Market Players
ABB Group, Fanuc Corporation, Yaskawa Electric Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, OTC Daihen., Denso Corporation, Omron Adept Technologies, Toshiba Machines