Phototherapy device is a medical device used for the treatment of jaundice in a newborn by reducing high bilirubin levels in infants. In this method, infants are laid in a bassinet or incubator, where they are exposed to a fluorescent light that is absorbed by babys skin, thus changing bilirubin into some other form that can be more easily excreted in the stool and urine.
Rise in prevalence of jaundice in neonates, advancements in technology in neonatal and fetal care, growth in awareness among population in developing nations about the fetal care devices, and development of healthcare infrastructure drive the market. However, presence of alternatives such as biliblanket, IVIG treatment, and long-term effects because of phototherapy devices restrain the market growth. Furthermore, increase in jaundice cases among neonates and low cost of device and ease of the treatment by using device is anticipated to provide opportunities for the market growth during the forecast period.
The infant phototherapy device market is segmented based on product type, portability, end user, and region. On the basis of product type, the market is bifurcated into conventional phototherapy devices and fiber optic phototherapy devices. Conventional phototherapy devices are further divided into fluorescent lamps and light-emitting diode (LED) lamps. Based on portability, it is categorized into mobile phototherapy unit and fixed phototherapy unit. Based on end user, the market is classified into hospitals and neonate clinics. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market GE Healthcare, Drgerwerk AG, Natus Medical Incorporated, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Ibis Medical Equipment & Systems Pvt. Ltd., Zhengzhou Dison Instrument and Meter Co., Ltd., DIXION, Ardo, NOVOS Medical Systems, and Beijing Julongsanyou Technology Co., Ltd.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global infant phototherapy device market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information about the current and upcoming trends in the market from 2016 to 2023, which helps determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rise in opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale are provided.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidate the competitive outlook of the market.
Infant Phototherapy Device Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- Conventional Phototherapy Devices
- Fluorescent Lamps
- Light-Emitting Diode (LED) Lamps
- Fiber Optic Phototherapy Devices
- Mobile Phototherapy Unit
- Fixed Phototherapy Unit
By End User
- Neonate Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA