Infection refers to an invasion in the body caused due to any foreign body which is harmful for the system. The harmful organisms which may cause diseases include bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi. The foreign body may enter into our system directly from person to person or through contaminated water and food. The infectious diseases are found most commonly nowadays, but the severity depends on both the immune system of the person and the foreign body that has attacked the system. The diagnosis and therapeutics for the infectious disease is a tough task when it comes to viruses, as it changes its structure every now and then, hence making it the threat for human.
Market scope and structure analysis:
Market size available for years
Base year considered
Product and Service, End User, and Region
North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, UK, France, and the Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, and the Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and the Rest of LATAM) and The Middle East and Africa
Major players analyzed include Ecolab Inc., Getinge AB, Advanced Sterilization Products, Cantel Medical Corporation, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc., Matachana Group, Metrex Research Corporation, STERIS Plc., Melag, and Sotera Health LLC.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
The outbreak of the Corona Virus -2 has led to the pandemic situation wherein the concern mainly lies over the drug development for the cure and also to stop the spread of the infectious disease. The rise in the R&D for the therapeutics and the prophylaxis has increased drastically. The control of the infectious diseases is the need of the hour and hence the market is anticipated to grow at a higher pace in the current scenario. The sterilization and disinfection of the equipment available in the hospitals and public places for use is required and would help the infection control market grow in the coming years. The major threat to the lives of the millions can only be attained by approaching this market and hence is anticipated to observe a significant growth in the forecast period.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The rise in the number of the infectious diseases and nosocomial infections would help the infection control market grow in the coming years. The procedures include disinfection and sterilization which are crucial for the control the spread of infectious disease. The increase in the number of hospital acquired infections, is expected to boost the industry. The surge in the prevalence of the chronic diseases would also boost the infection control market. Furthermore, the rise in the number of surgical procedures and the growing research and advancements in the technology of sterilization equipment will propel the market in the near future. Additionally, the steep rise in the outsourcing of the services which include sterilization and disinfection in the hospitals, medical device manufacturing companies and the pharmaceutical companies are anticipated to help the infection control market grow positively. However, the rising concern for the safety of reprocessed instruments may hinder the growth of the industry.
The global infection control market trends are as follows:
New product launches to flourish the market
The launch of the new products according to the demand would help the market grow in the coming years. The growth in the infectious diseases has led to the increase in demand for the infection control and also reprocessing of the surgical instruments. The rise in the focus on the R&D of the products which helps in the infection control would propel the infection control market in the near future. For instance, in March 2019, Getinge launched 9100E Cart Washer, which is designed to ensure the highest cleaning efficacy standards.
In addition, the key leaders are bringing up the products that are efficient in the cleaning of the medical equipment. For instance, in February 2020, Angelini Pharma Inc., launched its first infection prevention portfolio, which include hand sanitizers, Alcavis Bleach Wipes and other products. Furthermore, in October 2017, Ventyv was established with its focus on introducing its product folio on the infection control products.
Surge in incidences of the infectious diseases
The growth in the number of the individuals who experience the infectious diseases would help boost the infection control market during the forecast period. The rise in the concern for experiencing better quality of life is anticipated to help the market gain maximum revenue in the commenced period. According to the World Health Organization in 2018, the total number of deaths due to tuberculosis were estimated to be 1.5 million. The Tuberculosis being the communicable disease should be prevented from spreading, hence the need to sterilize and disinfect the hospitals is the highly demanded and is anticipated to surge the market in the coming years.
There are various infections caused due to harmful micro-organisms that spread due to the exposure to the instruments or equipment used in the hospital would boost the Infection Control in the forecast period. According to Centers of Disease Control and Prevention about 1.7 million persons have experienced the Hospital Acquired Infections and the deaths associated with it were stated to be 99,000. The alarming rise in the number of the infections acquired from the hospitals would help surge the market in the near future.
Key segments covered:
Product and Service
- Consumables And Accessories
- Sterilization Packaging
- Sterilization Indicators
- Biological Indicators
- Chemical indicators
- Contract Sterilization Services
- Gamma Sterilization Services
- Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Services
- Steam Contract Sterilization Services
- E-beam Sterilization Services
- Other Sterilization Services
- Sterilization Equipment
- Low-Temperature Sterilization
- Formaldehyde Sterilization
- Ethylene Oxide Sterilization
- Hydrogen peroxide Sterilization
- Other Low-Temperature Sterilization
- Heat Sterilization
- Dry Heat
- Moist Heat
- Radiation Sterilization
- Filtration Sterilization
- Other Equipment
- Cleaning and Disinfection Products
- By Product Types
- By Formulation
- By EPA Classification
- Low Level
- Lubricants and Cleaning Solutions
- Cleaning and Disinfection equipment
- Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Washer Disinfectors
- UV-ray Disinfectors
- Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Other Equipment
- Disinfection and Cleaning Accessories
- Preventive Barriers
- Covers and Closures
- Medical Non-woven
- Surgical Gowns
- Surgical drapes
- Face Masks
- Endoscopic Reprocessing Products
- Endoscopic Reprocessing Equipment
- Endoscope Tracking Systems
- Automated Tracking Systems
- Endoscopic Reprocessing Consumables
- Other Endoscopic Reprocessing Products
- Other Infection Control products
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotech Companies
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global Infection Control industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global Infection Control market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the global infection control market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global infection control market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Infection Control Market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the Infection Control market?
- What are the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?