Healthcare associated infections (HAIs), also known as nosocomial infections, are the measure of the patient wellbeing and characteristics of healthcare concerns resulting from poor hygiene, decreased patient immunity, negligence, practices which cutback the effects of ongoing medications, and additional healthcare expenditures. Infection surveillance is designed to continuously monitor and manage data of HAIs for public health assessment, early detection of disease, and to ensure appropriate execution of preventive measures.
The major factors contributing to the growth of the global infection surveillance market include increase in incidence of HAIs, growth in number of surgeries, introduction of government protocols for the prevention of HAIs, rise in global healthcare expenditure, convenient handling of the software system, and improvement in healthcare insurance sectors. However, high cost of the software, dearth of proper knowledge, and disinclination of medical professionals towards the advanced healthcare aids impede the market growth. Technological progressions in IT sectors leading to the development of fully automated diagnostic surveillance solution systems with the application of electronic medical records provides are expected to provide opportunities for the growth of the market.
The global infection surveillance solutions market is segmented on the basis of product, end user, and geography. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into software and services. According to end user, it is categorized into hospitals, long-term care facilities, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include Atlas Medical Software, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Baxter International Inc., GOJO Industries, Inc., Deb Group Ltd, RL Solutions, HyGreen, Inc., Wolters Kluwer N.V., Premier, Inc., and Truven Health Analytics.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global infection surveillance market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Key Segments:
- Product Support & Maintenance Services
- Training & Consulting Services
- Implementation Services
By End User
- Large Hospitals
- Medium-sized Hospitals
- Small Hospitals
- Long-term Care Facilities
- Homecare Agencies & Hospices
- Nursing Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Academic Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA