Infection involves an attack of disease-causing agents such as bacteria and viruses on the host organism’s body that causes disturbances in normal functioning. Immunology is the study of the human body’s resistance to these infections. The combined study of infections and immunology would help authorities to handle infectious disease conditions including HIV, hepatitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, malaria, inflammatory bowel diseases and autoimmune diseases. The infectious immunology market comprises of the diagnosis and treatment of these infectious diseases with the help of antigen antibody reactions.
The infectious immunology market is segmented based on types of diseases into HIV, hepatitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, malaria, inflammatory bowel diseases and autoimmune diseases. Approximately 4,00,000 deaths are estimated to be caused by rotavirus infection. HBV affected nearly 1.4 million in the U.S. in 2011. The rising incidence of these infectious diseases creates a worldwide demand for immunological diagnostics and treatment. This suggests that the market would experience a growth spurt in the near future. However, the lack of technological developments and high cost associated with treatment would adversely affect market growth. The infectious immunology market is segmented based on the types of products used for treatment such as diagnostic kits, instruments and reagents. Diagnostic kits hold the dominant share due to their effectiveness. Abbott Laboratories, Roche Diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientifics, Bio-Rad Laboratories and Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories are the key players in the infectious immunology market.
- In-depth analysis of various regions would provide a clear understanding of current and future trends so that companies can make region specific plans
- Comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrict the growth of the infectious immunology market is provided
- Key regulatory guidelines in various regions which impact the infectious immunology market are critically examined
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 are provided to showcase the financial calibre of the infectious immunology market
- Deep dive analysis of various regions provides insights that would enable companies to plan their business moves strategically
- Value chain analysis in the report gives a clear understanding of the roles of the stakeholders involved in the supply chain of the infectious immunology market
The infectious immunology market is segmented based on its application, product types and geography.
HBV & HCV
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
Auto Immune Diseases
By Product Type