Inferior vena cava (IVC) is a large vein that transports deoxygenated blood from the lower and middle body into the right atrium of the heart. IVC filter is a small cone-shaped device, which is implanted in the inferior vena cava just below the kidneys. These filters are utilized to capture an embolism, a blood clot that has broken loose from one of the deep veins in the legs on its way to the heart and lungs. They are gaining traction over the years as their absence results in embolism to cause a blockage of the pulmonary artery. The major factor that fuels the growth of the global inferior vena cava (IVC) filter market is increase in preference towards minimally invasive surgeries with improved medical imaging across various medical settings. However, high cost of procedures associated with the IVC filters restrains the market growth. Conversely, emerging digital catheterization laboratories are anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for the expansion of the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of product, application, end user, and region. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into retrievable IVC filter and permanent IVC filter. The applications covered in the study include treatment venous thromboembolism (VTE), prevent pulmonary embolism (PE), and others. By end user, the market is categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs), and others. Regionally, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market are Boston Scientific Corporation, Cardinal Health, Inc., Cook Medical, C. R. Bard, ALN, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Braile Biomdica, VENITI, Inc., Argon Medical Devices, Inc., and Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Philips Volcano).
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global inferior vena cava (IVC) filter market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter Market Key Segments:
- Retrievable IVC Filter
- Permanent IVC Filter
- Treatment Venous Thromboembolism (VTE)
- Prevent Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA