InfiniBand is a high-performance, multi-purpose network design built on a switch design known as a switched fabric in the global computing world. Furthermore, InfiniBand was designed for use in a variety of I/O networks, including cluster networks and storage area networks (SAN). This product has become a high-performance computing industry standard. This product is also used by the world's fastest 500 supercomputers. InfiniBand is an industry standard specification that defines an input and output architecture for communications infrastructure equipment, interconnect servers, storage, and embedded systems. It is a fabric design that manages switched, point-to-point channels and can support data transfers of up to 100 Gbps in both external copper and optical fiber connections as well as chassis backplane applications.
The global InfiniBand market is segmented on the basis of Type, Application, and Region. Based on type, the market is divided into Single Data Rate, Double Data Rate, Quad Data Rate, Fourteen Data Rate, Enhanced Data Rate. In terms of application, the market is categorized into Residential Use, Commercial Use, and Other. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 impact analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the InfiniBand market share, with manufacturing activities being temporarily halted across major manufacturing hubs, resulting in a significant production slowdown. People are becoming significantly more isolated as a result of increased restrictions on public meetings and travel. Due to supply chain delays, stock market instability, halting of airlines, business dealings in the InfiniBand business are also feeling the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic. It has directly impacted production and demand of InfiniBand industry causing supply chain and market disruption. As airports are shut down due to lockdown restrictions, the use of InfiniBand is halted, negatively impacting the InfiniBand market size.
Top impacting factors
The growing acceptance of this advanced product in highly efficient computing devices is one of the major influences contributing to InfiniBand market growth. As a result, the InfiniBand market opprtunity has seen a growing need for various enterprises to establish data centers over the forecast years. InfiniBand has received support from virtually every major operating system, including VMWare, VxWorks, Windows, Solaris, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, HPUX, and BSD. Furthermore, the InfiniBand market is expected to grow steadily from 2017 to 2025 as a result of frequent inventions in server-related technology, which are expected to increase in the coming years. InfiniBand addresses IT infrastructure challenges by providing consumers with superior performance, reduced complexity, the highest interconnect efficiency, and reliable and stable connections. InfiniBand provides excellent latency performance and products, supporting connections of up to 120 Gbps. It was created to allow for the efficient scalability of multiple systems. Inter-tier communication, application clustering, inter-processor communication, and storage area networks are just a few of the markets that require high bandwidth RAS features and QoS.
New product launches to flourish the market
In June 2021, NVIDIA announced that it is enhancing the NVIDIA HGX AI supercomputing platform with new technologies that combine AI and high-performance computing, making supercomputing more useful to a growing number of industries. NVIDIA has added three key technologies to its HGX platform to accelerate the new era of industrial AI and HPC, the NVIDIA A100 80GB PCIe GPU, NVIDIA NDR 400G InfiniBand networking, and NVIDIA Magnum IO GPUDirect Storage software. They provide the extreme performance required for industrial HPC innovation when used together. Among the dozens of partners using the NVIDIA HGX platform for next-generation systems and solutions are Atos, Dell
Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Lenovo, Microsoft Azure, and NetApp.
Surge in usage in data centers
The increasing number of data centers is also a major driving force in the global market. Data centers help organizations save money on human resources, technology, and infrastructure. Furthermore, data centers provide enhanced network infrastructure security as well as convenient disaster recovery. As a result, organizations have been attempting to combine services and applications into a single point of operation in order to reduce the overall cost of maintaining complex network infrastructure. Network equipment devices provide an excellent platform for integrating multiple network devices in a single location, such as a data center. Finally, the InfiniBand market is being driven by factors such as economies of scale and virtualization by data center capabilities.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the InfiniBand market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the InfiniBand market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight InfiniBand market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed InfiniBand market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in InfiniBand market research report
- What are the leading market players active in the InfiniBand market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
- What is InfiniBand?
- What does InfiniBand allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make InfiniBand a critical organizational asset?
- What are the key benefits of the InfiniBand market report?
- Which niches should companies associated with recent improvements establish a presence in?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
InfiniBand Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Nvidia Corporation, Intel