Inflammatory bowel disease is a condition generally caused when immune system attacks harmless bacteria, virus, or food in the intestine. The most common inflammatory bowel diseases are ulcerative colitis and Crohns disease. The inflammatory bowel disease drugs are used for the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as Crohns disease, indeterminate colitis, and ulcerative colitis.
The growth in prevalence of inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease majorly drives the growth of the market. In addition, increase in intake of unhealthy food and drinks, and sedentary and stressful lifestyle propels the growth of the market. The increase in healthcare expenditure by government and private organizations is anticipated to increase the market growth. However, high cost of drugs, adverse effects such as mild stomach pain, cramps, nausea, or loss of appetite, and stringent government regulations associated with the safety and efficacy of the drug hinders the market growth. Ongoing, R&D on inflammatory bowel disease drugs is anticipated to create new opportunities during the forecast period.
The market is segmented on the basis of disease, drugs, and geography. Based on application, the market is divided into ulcerative colitis, Crohns disease, and indeterminate colitis. Based on drugs, the market is classified into amino-salicylates, antibiotics, corticosteroids, immunomodulators, biologics, and others. Based on geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Drugs Market Key Segments:
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohns Disease
- Indeterminate Colitis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- Abbott Laboratories
- Biocon Ltd
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Johnson & Johnson
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Quest Medical, Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical