Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a broad term used to describe disorders involving chronic inflammation of digestive tract. The disease is categorized by severe diarrhea, abdominal pain, fatigue, and weight loss.
Increase in incidences of IBD and rise in adoption of anti-inflammatory drugs drive the market. In addition, strong upcoming pipeline of IBD drugs also boosts the market growth. However, side effects of these drugs over a patients body restrain the market growth. Development of biosimilars for existing drugs, and growth opportunities in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA provide opportunities for the market growth.
The report segments the global inflammatory bowel disease therapeutics market based on drug class, indication, type of molecule, route of administration, drug form, and region. Based on drug class, it is divided into anti-inflammatory biologics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and corticosteroids. Based on indication, it is segmented into ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease. On the basis of type of molecule, it is bifurcated into biologics and small molecules. IBD drugs can be administered in body through oral, and parenteral routes, and are available in solid as well as liquid forms. By geography, it is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
Key players that operate in the market include Abbvie, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Merck & CO., Inc., and Novartis AG.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading players across various regions.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographic regions is provided that helps determine prevailing opportunities in these regions.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are thoroughly analyzed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by closely following key product positioning and monitoring the top contenders within the market framework.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Therapeutics Market Key Segments:
By Drug Class
- Anti-inflammatory Biologics
- Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn's disease
By Type of Molecule
- Small Molecules
By Route of Administration
By Drug Form
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA