Inflation device is a digital device with analogue ergonomic systems that are used to measure pressure in the balloon and stents during cardiac surgery. Inflation device is also used for emptying and filling balloons. Inflation devices include a ratchet lever to control the piston, rotatable adaptor with connection tube, and pressure gauges through scale market in interval of 1 bar. Interventional procedure such as percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA), is performed every day in major hospitals and for this angioplasty catheter balloon inflation devices are used. These devices stimulate inflation and deflation of angioplasty balloons in conjugation with an interventional radiology stimulator. Inflation devices can also be used in clinical procedures.
Inflation devices are used in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The American Heart Association reports that nearly 92.1 million individuals in the U.S. suffered from cardiovascular diseases in 2018. Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S. and 6.2 million patients suffered from heart related problems between 2013 to 2016. Every year in Europe, approximately 3.9 million deaths occur due to cardiovascular diseases as reported by the European Heart Network AISBL. Around 2% population suffer from kidney stone disease every year in Germany.
Factors such as increase in geriatric population with chronic diseases such as urological diseases and cardiovascular diseases. In addition, surge in demand for minimal invasive procedures, medical reimbursement for minimally invasive procedures in developed regions, increase in product approvals, and rise in incidence of target diseases, are anticipated to drive the market. Presence of established healthcare infrastructure in most of the developed countries is also contributing to the growth of the market. Vascular Solution Inc. received FDA approval for Fluent inflation devices in October 2016. Factors such as government initiatives to control the burden of healthcare-associated infections (HAI) in developed countries and increasing healthcare expenditure in the emerging markets are expected to support the market growth. The key factors fueling the demand for inflation devices also include rising adoption of balloon assisted surgeries that use inflation devices to inflate and deflate the balloon such as balloon sinuplasty, angioplasty, angiography, and catheter embolization.
The inflation device market is segmented by display type, capacity, application, end user, and region. Based on the display type, the market is bifurcated into analogue inflation devices, and digital inflation devices. Based on capacity, the market is divided into 20ml, 30ml, and 60ml. Based on application, the market is categorized into gastroenterological procedures, urological procedure, interventional cardiology and radiology, and peripheral vascular procedures. Rise in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases is leading to growth in interventional cardiology and radiology, which in turn results in high demand for inflation devices. Based on end user, the market is classified into clinics, hospital, and ambulatory surgical centers. Based on region, it is evaluated across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Some of the major players operating in the inflation device market include Teleflex Incorporated, Merit Medical Systems, Acclarent, Inc., Argon Medical Devices, Inc., B. Braun Interventional Systems Inc., Terumo Medical Corporation, CONMED Corporation, Medtronic Plc, Becton Dickinson and company, and Boston Scientific Corporation.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and market forecast estimations from 2019 to 2026, which assists to identify the prevailing inflection device market opportunities.
- An in-depth market analysis includes analysis of various regions and is anticipated to provide a detailed understanding of the current trends to enable stakeholders formulate region-specific plans.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors that drive and restrain the growth of the global market is provided.
- Region-wise and country-wise inflection device market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in this report.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current market trends and future market potential from 2019 to 2026 in terms of value.
- An extensive analysis of various regions provides insights that are expected to allow companies to strategically plan their business moves.
- Key market players within the market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of the global inflection device market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
By Display Type
- Analogue Inflation Devices
- Digital Inflation Devices
- 20ml Inflation Devices
- 30ml Inflation Devices
- 60ml Inflation Devices
- Gastroenterological Procedures
- Urological Procedure
- Interventional Cardiology and Radiology
- Peripheral Vascular Procedures
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA