Infrared & Thermal Imaging Systems Market Outlook – 2027
The global infrared (IR) & thermal imaging systems market is experiencing a significant growth due to various military applications. Infrared & thermal imaging systems enables detection of objects & people in dark situations without any ambient light. Moreover, infrared & thermal imaging systems can penetrate obscurants such as smoke, fog, and haze to generate real-time high-resolution image. Infrared & thermal imaging system use state-of-art technology to pick-up heat or infrared signatures even in critical temperature conditions. In addition, infrared & thermal imaging system is used for numerous applications such as remote sensing, space imaging, and surveillance, among others.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Infrared & thermal imaging system manufacturers are forced to shut down production operations due to government-imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Military agencies are witnessing delay in procurement of infrared & thermal imaging system due to disruption in supply chain caused by the government initiatives to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Governments worldwide are diverting financial resources to healthcare services as priority in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic, hence creating budget constraints for military agencies.
Research & development of infrared &thermal imaging system is adversely affected due to lack of workforce caused by the travel bans imposed by governments globally to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Surge in military expenditure, increase in demand for high-definition thermal imaging technology, and rise in adoption of military modernization programs are the factors that drive the global infrared & thermal imaging systems market. However, high cost of equipment and stringent policies against transfer of technology hinders the market growth. On the contrary, use of thermal scanners at airports, geo-spatial analysis, and use of artificial intelligence in imaging systems present new pathways in the industry.
The global infrared & thermal imaging systems market trends are as follows:
Surge in military expenditure
Military agencies are investing in soldier borne sensor technologies for combat superiority in battlefield. Recently, in 2020, FLIR System Inc. (thermal imaging system manufacturer headquartered in Oregon, US) was awarded a contract worth 20.6 million USD from the US Army for delivery of a personal reconnaissance system called Black Hornet 3 nano UAV. Black Hornet utilizes fused thermal imaging for fusing thermal images to the visible image for increased surveillance capability. Moreover, it transmits live video to the operator and has 25 mins flight time. Such investments in thermal military systems will drive the infrared & thermal imaging systems market.
Demand of high-definition thermal imaging technology
Thermal imaging technology enables all weather day-night surveillance & imaging system. Recently, in 2020, FLIR Systems Inc. launched new high-definition mid-range surveillance system called Ranger HDC MR that utilizes medium-wave infrared (MWIR). Ranger HDC MR is a high-performance HD thermal imaging system with a 1280-by-720-pixel detector capable of seeing through fog, haze, heat & air turbulence. Further, this high-definition IR & thermal imaging system will be used for border surveillance for detecting illegal cross-border activities and counter-UAV measure. Such innovations in high-definition thermal imaging technology are expected to boost the global infrared & thermal imaging systems market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global infrared & thermal imaging systems industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global infrared & thermal imaging systems market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global infrared & thermal imaging systems market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global infrared & thermal imaging systems market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the infrared & thermal imaging systems market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the infrared & thermal imaging systems market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Infrared & Thermal Imaging Systems Market Report Highlights
By Form Factor
Key Market Players
Raytheon Company, BAE Systems, Thales Group, Danaher Corporation, FLIR Systems Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation., Elbit Systems Ltd., Leonardo DRS, L3 Technologies, Honeywell Aerospace