Infrared Anti-Sniper Detection Hardware Market Outlook – 2027
The global infrared anti-sniper detection hardware market is experiencing a significant growth due to growing demand for gun locators. Infrared anti-sniper detection system is a sniper countermeasure that utilizes infrared to detect snipers. An infrared anti-sniper detection camera is a device that creates an image using infrared radiation. Further, images from infrared cameras tend to be monochrome because the cameras generally use an image sensor that does not distinguish different wavelengths of infrared radiation. In addition, infrared camera sensors illuminate an area of interest and scan it for optical glint of a gun scope & binocular. Moreover, infrared cameras search for muzzle flashes and eye retinas in the area of interest.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Anti-sniper detection system manufacturers are forced to shut down production operations due to government-imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Military agencies are witnessing delay in procurement of infrared anti-sniper detection system due to disruption in supply chain caused by the government initiatives to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Governments worldwide are diverting financial resources to healthcare services as priority in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic; hence, creating budget constraints for military agencies.
Research & development of infrared anti-sniper detection system is adversely affected due to lack of workforce caused by the travel bans imposed by governments globally to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in cross border firing & insurgency, increase in demand for protection from sniper shooting in urban environment, and rise in adoption of transient event detection (TED) system-based sensors are the factors that drive the global infrared anti-sniper detection hardware market. However, high equipment cost and stringent policies regarding transfer of technology hinder the market growth. On the contrary, optical imaging software algorithm and developments in artificial intelligence present new pathways in the industry.
The global infrared anti-sniper detection hardware market trends are as follows:
Rise in adoption of transient event detection (TED) system-based sensors
Infrared imagine process is a sophisticated and ever-growing segment in the defense industry. Recent implementation of short-wave infrared (SWIR) imaging technology or sensors for optical target detection system has led to the development of transient event detection system. Transient event is a short-lived energy burst in a system caused by sudden changed of state. Transient event detection system scans for this short-lived energy burst using optics & real-time sensor imaging for precision gunshot detection. Rafael Advanced Defense Systems (a defense technology company headquartered in Haifa, Israel) have developed SpotLite-M (electro-optical enemy fire detection system) that utilizes TED system based short wave infrared sensors for gunfire location. Also, the Defense Advanced Research Program Agency, US (DARPA) has developed battlefield optical surveillance system (BOSS) that utilizes forward looking infrared (FLIR) thermal camera to detect potential targets. BOSS offers capability to detect snipers before shot is fired by relying on detection of optical augmentation and thermal characteristics a sniper. Such rise in adoption of transient event detection (TED) system-based sensors will drive the global anti-sniper detection hardware market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global infrared anti-sniper detection hardware industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global infrared anti-sniper detection hardware market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global infrared anti-sniper detection hardware market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global infrared anti-sniper detection hardware market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the infrared anti-sniper detection hardware market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the infrared anti-sniper detection hardware market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Infrared Anti-Sniper Detection Hardware Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Microflown Avisa B.V., SST, Rheinmetall AG, Thales Group., Qinetig North America, Rafael, CILAS, Databuoy Corporation, Textron System, Safran Electronics & Defense