Infrared Anti-Sniper Detection Software Market Outlook – 2027
The global infrared anti-sniper detection software market is experiencing a significant growth due to growing demand for gun locator systems. Infrared anti-sniper detection system is a sniper countermeasure that utilizes infrared to detect snipers. Infrared camera uses short-wave infrared sensors to illuminate an area and scan for optical glint of a gun scope & binocular. Further, detection software helps enhance & clarify images according to emissivity of objects including factors that can influence imagery by infrared cameras. In addition, infrared sensors pick up the infrared signature of every muzzle flash which unique to a particular weapon, and run it through the database to identify the weapon as well as relay the position of sniper.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Anti-sniper detection system manufacturers are forced to shut down production operations due to government-imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Military agencies are witnessing delay in procurement of infrared anti-sniper detection system due to disruption in supply chain caused by the government initiatives to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Governments worldwide are diverting financial resources to healthcare services as priority in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic; hence, creating budget constraints for military agencies.
Research & development of infrared anti-sniper detection system is adversely affected due to lack of workforce caused by the travel bans imposed by governments globally to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in cross border firing & insurgency, increase in demand for protection from sniper shooting in urban environment, and rise in adoption of transient event detection (TED) system-based sensors are the factors that drive the global infrared anti-sniper detection software market. However, high equipment cost and stringent policies regarding transfer of technology hinder the market growth. On the contrary, optical imaging software algorithm and developments in artificial intelligence present new pathways in the industry.
The global infrared anti-sniper detection software market trends are as follows:
Demand for protection from sniper shooting in urban environment
Snipers are difficult to locate in an urban scenario due to large number of buildings. Locating a sniper as early as possible can help neutralize the threat and save lives. For instance, Defense Advanced Research Program Agency, US (DARPA) have developed battlefield optical surveillance system (BOSS) that utilizes forward looking infrared (FLIR) thermal camera to detects potential targets. BOSS offers capability to detect snipers before shot is fired by relying on detection of optical augmentation and thermal characteristics a sniper. Thermal imaging technology enables all weather day-night surveillance & imaging system. Recently, in 2020, FLIR Systems Inc. launched new high-definition mid-range surveillance system called Ranger HDC MR that utilizes medium-wave infrared (MWIR). Ranger HDC MR is a high-performance HD thermal imaging system with a 1280-by-720-pixel detector capable of seeing through fog, haze, heat & air turbulence. Further, this high-definition IR & thermal imaging system will be used for border surveillance for detecting illegal cross-border activities and counter-UAV measure. Such demand for protection from sniper shooting in urban environment is expected to boost the global infrared anti-sniper detection system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global infrared anti-sniper detection software industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global infrared anti-sniper detection software market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global infrared anti-sniper detection software market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global infrared anti-sniper detection software market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the infrared anti-sniper detection software market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the infrared anti-sniper detection software market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Infrared Anti-Sniper Detection Software Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Rheinmetall AG, Microflown Avisa B.V., Rafael, Thales Group., Databuoy Corporation, Textron System, Safran Electronics & Defense, Qinetig North America, CILAS, SST