Infrared Anti-Sniper Detection System Market Outlook – 2027
The global infrared anti-sniper detection system market is experiencing a significant growth due to growing demand for gun locators. Infrared anti-sniper detection system is a sniper countermeasure that utilizes infrared to detect snipers. Infrared camera uses short-wave infrared sensors to illuminate an area and scan for optical glint of a gun scope & binocular. Moreover, infrared cameras search for muzzle flashes and eye retinas in the area of interest. Infrared sensors pick up the infrared signature of every muzzle flash which unique to a particular weapon, and run it through the database to identify the weapon as well as relay the position of sniper.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Anti-sniper detection system manufacturers are forced to shut down production operations due to government-imposed lockdown to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Military agencies are witnessing delay in procurement of infrared anti-sniper detection system due to disruption in supply chain caused by the government initiatives to control the COVID-19 outbreak.
Governments worldwide are diverting financial resources to healthcare services as priority in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic, hence creating budget constraints for military agencies.
Research & development of infrared anti-sniper detection system is adversely affected due to lack of workforce caused by the travel bans imposed by governments globally to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Surge in cross border firing & insurgency, increase in demand for protection from sniper shooting in urban environment, and rise in adoption of transient event detection (TED) system-based sensors are some of the factors that drive the global infrared anti-sniper detection system market. However, high equipment cost and stringent policies regarding transfer of technology hinder the market growth. On the contrary, optical imaging software algorithm and developments in artificial intelligence present new pathways in the industry.
The global infrared anti-sniper detection system market trends are as follows:
Demand for protection from sniper shooting in urban environment
Snipers are difficult to locate in an urban scenario due to large number of buildings. Locating a sniper as early as possible can help neutralize the threat and save lives. For instance, Defense Advanced Research Program Agency, US (DARPA) have developed battlefield optical surveillance system (BOSS) that utilizes forward looking infrared (FLIR) thermal camera to detects potential targets. BOSS offers capability to detect snipers before shot is fired by relying on detection of optical augmentation and thermal characteristics a sniper. Such developments in early detection of snipers in urban environment is expected to boost the global infrared anti-sniper detection system market.
Rise in adoption of transient event detection (TED) system-based sensors
Recent implementation of short-wave infrared (SWIR) imaging technology or sensors for optical target detection system that has led to the development of transient event detection system. Transient event is a short-lived energy burst in a system caused by sudden changed of state. Transient event detection system scans for this short-lived energy burst using optics & real-time sensor imaging for precision gunshot detection. Rafael Advanced Defense Systems (a defense technology company headquartered in Haifa, Israel) have developed SpotLite-M (electro-optical enemy fire detection system) that utilizes TED system based short wave infrared sensors for gunfire location. Such initiatives in adopting new imaging technologies in gunshot detection system will drive the global anti-sniper detection system.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global infrared anti-sniper detection system industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global infrared anti-sniper detection system market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global infrared anti-sniper detection system market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global infrared anti-sniper detection system market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the infrared anti-sniper detection system market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the infrared anti-sniper detection system market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Infrared Anti-Sniper Detection System Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Databuoy Corporation, SST, Qinetig North America, CILAS, Textron System, Rheinmetall AG, Safran Electronics & Defense, Thales Group., Rafael, Microflown Avisa B.V.