An infrared search and track (IRST) system is used to detect the vehicles and devices that give out infrared radiation. This is used mostly in jet planes and aircraft. The biggest advantage of the IRST system is that they dont give off any infrared radiation of themselves which makes them difficult to detect unlike in RADAR which gives off an infrared signature of itself.
The passive situational awareness system for tracking and destroying enemy forces by the defense sector gains huge popularity. This system uses IRST technology. Its increased usage in aerospace industry for outer orbital mechanized rovers also fuels the market growth. The huge investment made by the government in the intelligent tracking systems leads to rapid development of this market. However, the high designing and manufacturing cost of this technology restrains the market growth.
The infrared search and track (IRST) market is segmented based on component, platform, industry vertical, and geography. On the basis of component, the market is divided scanning head, processing & control electronics, and display. On the basis of platform, it is categorized into airborne, naval, land, and others. According to industry vertical, it is bifurcated into aerospace and defense. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players operating in the market include Leonardo S.p.A, Thales Group, Rheinmetall AG, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Aselsan A.S., HGH Systmes Infrarouges SAS, Safran S.A., Tonbo Imaging Private Limited, and Hughes Network Systems LLC.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the infrared search and track (IRST) market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- The report provides information about the key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2017 to 2023 are provided to showcase the financial competence of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers and suppliers participating in the market.
Infrared Search & Track (Irst) System Market Key Segmentation
- Scanning Head
- Processing & Control Electronics
By Industry Vertical
- Aerospace & Defense
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- Leonardo S.p.A
- Thales Group
- Rheinmetall AG
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Aselsan A.S.
- HGH Systmes Infrarouges SAS
- Safran S.A.
- Tonbo Imaging Private Limited
- Hughes Network Systems LLC.